Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2001 Z06 TI exhaust (mufflers back) system was installed on my 2000 C5 yesterday. 2 surprises. First, the new exhaust sound is indistinguishable from before the change (at least from the drivers seat). Keep in mind; I do have a number of mods that really increase the happy noise coming from the intake. Second, there IS a SOTP significant increase in power.
That was not expected. It was my clear understanding the an exhaust change on a C5 would not result in a power increase and in fact could cause a power loss. FWIW, my car has somehow gained in this change. Now (not before), at same ambient temperature and on the same road when hitting second hard, the traction control kicks-in. Although my somewhat “moded” 98 C5 did this, my 2000 C5 would not. Also, with the TC off, flooring this thing in 1st will spin the tires to an extent that I must let up or lose control.

This is only a report. I am not advocating anything here. The results of this mod surprised me. I expected a different sound and not power gain. Weird.

Comments please.

Patrick

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I believe it.

There's a reason the people are putting AM catbacks on LS1 C5's and gain power, and they do it on an LS6 C5 and don't....

:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts