Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out driving this morning. It was sunny, cold, and the roads are all clear of snow. I was playing around with acceleration in different gears. As most of you already know, 1st and 2nd at WOT are pretty much burn-out city. 3rd gear can be a real challenge too.

I pulled out of a gas station and some American car like a Murcury Mistique or something with a big spoiler on the back came up from behind me. He rolled up next to me at about 60. I dropped it into 3rd and stepped on it. Boy did I fishtail and pull away from him. :D

We slowed a bit and I put it into 2nd at about 40 mph. More of the same fishtailing. It was pretty obvious that this younger guy in this other car had nothing in comparison but I sure had fun giving him and myself a show. :) It is days like these that make me glad that I don't store the car in the winter.

I love this car.

- Charley

·
Registered
483 Posts
I never store my car, i look for any chance to take it out for a spin. This am i also had a little fun. A yellow rustang with a BIG high rise hood pulls up next to me(high rise hoods make the car faster:lol:). We are in a little traffic and i am able to play a little and lose him(he couldnt seem to find a hole in the traffic to catch up to me). About two miles down the road he pulls in front of me at a light and revs the engine. The light turns green he takes off and i follow. It ends up that i go around him and pass him like he isnt moving and as i pass him i look out the drivers window to see some guy with his girlfriend in the passenger seat. I dont think i made his day. For the next two or three mies until i exited the road he wouldnt get closer than 3 car lengths behind me.

·
Registered
0 Posts
In this sub-freezing weather and a cold air intake, I can smoke the hides with ease in 3rd gear just by jumping on it. :cool:

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
These are just awesome cars, I have never driven a car with this much fun factor. :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts