Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote from the 2002 Corvette Brochure:

The extreme Corvette. Z06 stormed onto the scene a year ago, and the enthusiast press still can't get enough of this radical Corvette. Now, with zero-to-60 times under four seconds. Lateral acceleration of 1 g. And a top speed over 170 mph. Naming Z06 its "2001 Automobile of the Year," Automobile Magazine called it "...a real, 100 percent, no excuses, no explanations, no footnotes American sports car, one that can hold its own with just about anything on the road, even if that anything comes from Zuffenhausen or Maranello..."

Don't 'ya just love it! :cheers:

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Yes I do Zipster. And I'll love it a lot more in another four weeks or so when I get my EB/Mod interior funmobile. Thanks. :D :D :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
I second that. :cheers:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Got to love it.

3400 TPW 9-24, hate this waiting game. It will be well worth the wait I'm sure. In all seriousness, what is on the American road today that is a threat to the Z06. According to Sept. Car and Driver the 2001 Porsche 911 Turbo at almost 118k$ didn't quite make it. The new TBird from Ford looks like an old one but it is SOOOO far behind can't talk about it. Not very many Vipers in MN, never see a "new" one. So,what IS out there that comes close to a 02-Z06?
Take care all, :z:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Re: Got to love it.

JLH-Z06 said:
So,what IS out there that comes close to a 02-Z06?
Road & Track or somebody took a bunch of cars to Mid Ohio and the only car that beat the 01 Z06 was the $180,000 Ferarri Modeno 360. That was last year and you could have had 3 Z06's and enough cash left to upgrade them.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Z06 on top?

Ok, so you get your butt whipped by a Modeno 360 at $180K, How may of them are on the streets and interstates in the good old USA. So I ask again, what is out there that is a threat to the Z.
My thinking is most likely, not much at all. You and I will most likely never find anything, other than another Z with mods that take it to the top and beyond.:guiness: :cheers:

·
Registered
680 Posts
The Z06 IS a BADASS Machine (Right RG:D) So is this SITE :D

·
Registered
345 Posts
Gotta love it!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
built 9-18!!

I can't wait--hopefully I will pick mine up from Rick next week after he calls to say everthing is A OK on the Z. I will have a good time driving from the Atlanta area back to Dallas!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts