I want to pull all 4 tires tomorrow and clean them and check for nails. I am not sure where to put the jack stands so I came here. If you could, please use an image of the underside of the car and highlight the exact spot for me. Thanks a bunch.
Can't post an image for you but here's how I do it.
I use two 2x6's and 4 jack stands. I raise the front end with a floor jack (after I drive up on a couple of 2x10's) and 2x6x24 under the front cross member. Once up in the air place the stands at the ends of the 2x6's. I use the same thing in the rear and use the rear cross member to support the car. There's a DIY Tutorial right here with some great pics. Check it out.
Alternate, and I find quicker and easier, is to jack and place stands from the side ala NASCAR. All the racers at the track use this method.
1. Place jack pad under triangular steel plate just inboard of the rocker panels, just aft of the outside rearview mirrors.
2. Be sure jack pad ONLY contacts steel plate and NOT fiberglass rocker panel or floorboard.
3.This is at station 0 and will lift both side wheels off at once
NOTE: On lowered cars you will need to drive second lift side (F & R wheels) onto 2x12's to provide enough jack clearance on second lift side.
4. Place jack stands under shipping slots on frame rail just aft of front wheel and just forward of rear wheel. Be sure jackstands ONLY contact frame rail.
5. Repeat procedure 1-4 on other side
6. Reverse procedure to lower.
Always Raise and Lift car safely and slowly.
NEVER work under car without jackstands placed securely.