Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information about the Z06 being presented at Carlisle this weekend? Thanks....

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
constren said:
Does anyone have any information about the Z06 being presented at Carlisle this weekend? Thanks....
saturday...2:00...Dave Hill walkaround with C6Z06 at GM Engineers tent.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I saw several C6 Z's at Carlisle on Friday - DSOM, Black, Red, Silver - all with Michigan plates. According to the Kerbeck sales folks, NO cars have been released for sale and even Kerbeck does not know when they will be. Supposedly Chev is keeping all of them for a "quality audit" at this time. Whether that is SOP or because of problems is something I could not find out.

Personally, glad I finally got to see the car up close, rather than just in pictures. As I suspected, the black and silver cars looked best to me since their color downplayed what I personally consider to be mediocre styling. Judging from crowd comments I overheard, there was quite a bit of pro/con discussion re styling and pricing. It will be interesting to see how many of these cars are sold annually once the initial group of "gotta have firsts" gets their deliveries. My guess is less than 4000 a year.

Once I got done with that part of the trip, I moved on to the major reason I went to Carlisle - to discuss my 427 project with ECS. :) The guys at ECS are the real deal..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts