Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
... seems like the tuners are always complaing about our CA 91 octane fuel ... so ... as there any gains to be had by bumping up the octane to at least 93 ... using a dilution of 91 octane plus some 100 octane 76 "race" fuel ... which according to a test in Compact Sport Car magazine is basically the 91 octane gasoline with added Toluene.

... What about using a racing fuel octane booster like Torco?

We have an upcoming Time Trail, and are anticipating high temperatures. We want to make sure we aren't going to lose timing because of heat or detonation ...

·
Registered
596 Posts
Makofoto said:
... seems like the tuners are always complaing about our CA 91 octane fuel ... so ... as there any gains to be had by bumping up the octane to at least 93 ... using a dilution of 91 octane plus some 100 octane 76 "race" fuel ... which according to a test in Compact Sport Car magazine is basically the 91 octane gasoline with added Toluene.

... What about using a racing fuel octane booster like Torco?

We have an upcoming Time Trail, and are inticipating high temperatures. We want to make sure we are going to lose timing because of heat or detonation ...
I hope you mean you DON'T want to lose timing? Also If you use 100 octane mixed with 91 both being unleaded your octane will be higher than 91 unless you're talking motor octane and not R&M ratings? If you're stock i.e. compression or heads an octane booster such as Torco is great to acheive 93 or 94 and is sufficient IMHO. Good Luck! :guiness:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Makofoto, don't waste time with the octane additives. You can buy Trick 101 octane right at the pump in the San Fernando Valley. I go to the Alliance gas station on DeSoto (at Vanowen) and pump it right into the tank or into some 5 gallon race cans. Good luck!

Greg W

1 - 4 of 4 Posts