Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I always hear about people trashing the Z06 interior. Why is that.

From my point of view I thing it is very well done, especially the instrument panel.

I mean, come on, the gauges are all big analog 3-D layered and black lit at night (now that was an awesome idea) with a beautiful checkered background. The door controls look as though they are floating at night. And that DIC, got to love that DIC, the way the DIC buttons are set up surrounding the right side of the intrument cluster.

My only complaint is the stereo face, it looks as if it belongs in a truck, not a sports car.

Oh, and then there is the mod. red interior option that looks really cool.

So, it doesn't have Coach leather in it, so what. Who wants expensive leather in a race car. I think people need to learn the difference between luxury car and race car. Most of us buy the Z06 for the race car qualities, as it is meant to be.

Just my .02

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
All I can say is....Anyone that has ever ridden in my passenger seat has had other things to think about. They're always too much in awe of the performance to even think about the interior other than maybe "why am I velcro'd to the back of my seat":cheers:

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
I agree with you. :)

I did not buy this car for the wood grained dash or cup holders? This is a race car. Those who trash the interior are wanting something else, but not the Z06. :-? :roll: :bang: :drunk:

Maybe they need to look under the hood, or at the body lines, wheels, titanium exhaust, etc.com! I love my Z06!
:z: :z: :z:

Heck, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or the owner!! :yeadog: :sneaky:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I totally agree, I love the interior of my car, I do not get the complaints about it , this is a race car not a luxury sedan.

We have the best of both worlds here, a very fast performance car with a nice cockpit.

I love this car all the way :cool:

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
The magazines used to rag on my 2001 911 TT insides also, what do they want a couch? Who gives a hoot, I just want to mash the gas pedal and go. :D

·
Registered
508 Posts
I don't want a luxury interior.... however I would change the placement of a couple of things. The DIC buttons are exactly behind the steering wheel from my viewpoint. The cupholder is mostly worthless (a. too small, b. never an open container in MY car) so they could have just left that out. Although it is fun to tell people that it is an optional hydrogen fuel port (plugged up of course since I did not get the optional JATO).

Neither of those complaints interferes with normal enjoyment of the car though :)

The radio is GM. Period. Standard. Stock. On 5 billion other types of cars. (hey that reminds me to see if it works :p has been a while).

Another improvement I would like.... make a partition an optional part for the car!

·
Registered
75 Posts
the interior is great. i would like to see a power passenger seat as an option and a smaller shift knob!!:D :D

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Back a number of years I was involved in a sports car survey where I was shown a variety of cars and prototype car interiors. I was asked to give feedback about what I liked and didn't like about each. I was not told which car manufacturer it was for but I am 99.9% sure that it was for the C5.

I think that the C5 interior was a BIG improvement over the C4 interior.

It was pretty cool to be involved in the development of my own interior.

And by the way...I told them to move those DIC buttons from behind the steering wheel. :D

- Charley

·
Registered
666 Posts
IF THEY WANT WOOD GRAIN

they can buy a BMW, but if they want a real performance car, buy the Z. For me I can live without the frills, the thrills are with the Z and not cupholders ad woodgrain dash................... Well stated Bear
JTBear said:

I did not buy this car for the wood grained dash or cup holders? This is a race car. Those who trash the interior are wanting something else, but not the Z06. :-? :roll: :bang: :drunk:

Maybe they need to look under the hood, or at the body lines, wheels, titanium exhaust, etc.com! I love my Z06!

·
Registered
496 Posts
JTBear said:

I like the performance, but it does need a few enhancements. Here are the additional cup holders I had made as well as the improved carbon fiber interior and upgraded stereo. Doesn't hurt performacne at all and adds a much nicer driving experience.

·
Registered
496 Posts
TRZ06 said:
My only complaint is the stereo face, it looks as if it belongs in a truck, not a sports car.

Actually, the radio and the A/C controls look like truck controls. I'm trying to fabricate some kind of face plate to match my radio (see picture in above post). It looks totally out of place with my custom interiror. Any ideas?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey my idea of the interior of the Corvette is it is fabulous....The 1 or 2 times I sat in one I felt as if I were in a rocket and absolutely loved all the controls.....The only thing needing change are the head unit and AC controls.....And by now the jerky salesman was asking me if I had 50K for it in a sarcastic manner....So my grade on the interior is A+, who needs all the fancy stuff, go buy a Porsche or BMW if you want that....And if its the big of a problem there are a lot of aftermarket products, sort of like what SS has done....By the way SS I like the head unit, I got last years CDX-M750 model....Gotta thank my cousin for the Sony discount

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
;) I think GM spent the money under the hood, where we like it! As far as the interior goes, it is nicer than my 4x4's and no one has ever complained about its interior! Some people just need to bitch about anything, so just turn a deaf ear and move on. :p Bill :cheers:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree, If your passenger is complaining about the interior, down shift and put your foot on the floor.

TWZO6
:) :) :) :) :cheers:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
TRZ06 said:
Just so happens that the radio/CD player in the C5 is used in all the GM trucks/SUVs!

IMO, the interior isn't too bad in the C5. All the magazine whiners are use to wood grained $150K interiors. I'm sure once they drive the Z they forget all about the lack of wood grain :D.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
I like the interior on the Z06, I don't think it looks cheap at all! My biggest complaint, is the lack of a closed off trunk from the interior of the car (PARTITION) I think Chevrolet should of made one standard with the FRC model or at least, offer it as an option. I have a partition now and it looks much better.

carzzy

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
Hey CorvetteSS: Nice pix. I like the cupholders, but are they really functional? Does the passenger reach back to get them or??? How's that work in 4th gear at about 130 mph? :-? :p
The interior work w/ Carbon Fiber is very nice!! :D I have added a mod or two. No pix today as my kids have the camera at school, but you can see my mod list below in my sig. And there are more, I just haven't updated my user CP. :cheers:

At the end of the day, it is what it is........ right? And we enjoy our cars. Cheers. :) ;)

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
SS, That is one beautiful car!:cheers:

Dan

·
Registered
425 Posts
As I was told before buying the Z, it's not for everyone. It's for me, I love it. More go with just enough show :D

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I agree with virtually everyone elsehere. I think the interior is just fine. It sounds the complainer are car reviewers, and as we all know, they have to find some fault. ;)

I don't get why anyone would want fake wood grain, or actual wood in a car. I thought that ended with the model A and the woody station wagons of the 50's. :p

1 - 20 of 32 Posts