Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
---------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:
Police called and case opened. The damage looks really minimal. A good buff should remove the scuffs and slight scratches. I am concerned about the actual corner of the fascia...the edge is scuffed and scratched. I meet with an adjuster next week. Then we shall see.

The car that hit the Z is registered to a company in Maryland...no one who works at my company. My insurance is pursuing the case.

All in all, not bad. I have had worse on previous cars. Unfortunately, this kind of incident comes with driving cars. At least, my car is a blast to drive. That aspect more than makes up for the bad side of car ownership.

---------------------------------------------------------

Well, it had to happen eventually. Apparently, sometime in the late afternoon, someone hit my Z in the parking lot at work. They hit the driver side rear corner. First observation, doesn't look real bad, a lot of scuffs, maybe a few scratches that may present a problem...better view tomorrow in the light.

Lucky for me, some guy saw the whole thing, and left me a note with his telephone number and the license plate of the perp. Apparently, some woman just backed right into it, and kept backing up, leaving a fairly long scuff.

Tomorrow, i will see if this person works at my company...and ask why they didn't at least leave a note. And, of course, ask for compensation.

Anybody know a good detailer/ body shop in the Northern VA area? A detailer may be able to buff it out. I'll try that first.

------------------
-derek Z06 Black/Mod.Torch

[This message has been edited by lazygun (edited 01-25-2001).]

·
Registered
107 Posts
If that was me, there would have been a police report filed.... Looks much better with the insurance folks too!

Sorry to hear about it! These days, most folks don't worry too much about other's property. Bummer!

------------------
If you have to drive, do it in a C5.
Delivered 1/19/01 - Z06 Quicksilver/Black
Installed - custom license plate, exhaust plate
To be added - Ripper, Flameball

·
Registered
0 Posts
Ouch!!

A kid did the same thing to Sherylann's Z. Well, no police report...the kid got off scott free!! Payed for the repairs myself. My mistake for not getting a PR.

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Let us know what that POS says when you confront her. What a jackass.

------------------
01 Z06-- Quicksilver, modified torch red interior, DRM long tube headers, cam, CNC heads, 11.4 to 1 compression ratio, Donaldson LS6, Corsa Indys, Euro tail lights, B&M Ripper
405 rwhp, 380 rwt Minneapolis,Mn
Ron M.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news!
Keep us posted on the outcome.

Zippy

------------------

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Most definitely get a police report!! It is NOT too late to do that!! My being a former citys' "finest" urges me to tell you that!!
---Sorry to hear of the BAD news!!

------------------
Deposit on 2002 MY Z06-First on Campbell Chevy(Bowling Green,KY)list!! Due in late July!:(

·
Registered
528 Posts
Man that bites, a least you got a lead on the person responsible. 99 times out of 100 that's not the case. You'll be good as new soon.

------------------
My Web Site

01 Z06 MY/BLK,Zaino,Lowered,Ripper - No time slips yet
92 RS ProStreet Camaro (454) - Best E.T to date 10.15 @ 136 mph (all throttle no bottle)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car LazyG. Glad though to hear you have a police report. Make sure you get your own estimates on repair. Go to the three most expensive places that work on vettes (inluding the dealership )and get quotes. The insurance company will low ball the estimate, just the way they do business. But you do not have to accept what they offer and insist on having them pay to have it repaired where you want it repaired. Since it is not your insurance company paying and it was not your fault they will pay and then get "their money" (Ha!) back from the owner of the car that hit you.

If you want to drive a bit, Andy does good work at the Fox Chevrolet Dealership in Laurel, Maryland. He painted my BSM's and you can't tell they weren't put on at the factory.

------------------
T/R Z06 with Red/Black Interior.
Waiting on Halltech Titanium TRIC, Red Kevlar/Black CF Magic

·
Registered
109 Posts
Damn Lazy, sorry to hear about the bad news.

I agree with ZEEEE 06, call the police now before it's too late. There's nothing like the strong arm of the law beating on your door to make you cough up the $$$$!

------------------
2001 Z06, Tag "EVIL Z06"
Torch red, solid black interior
!CAGS !BSM
NGK TR6 plugs & Taylor wires
Halltech Z06 TRIC + MAG
NX 150hp Wet Kit

·
Registered
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EvilZ06:
There's nothing like the strong arm of the law beating on your door to make you cough up the $$$$!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's funny!! Reminds me of the time a neighbor of ours came home late one night from a drinking episode. He swung the door of his Grand Prix wide open and smacked the wife's '93 Black Rose Coupe. The Vette was brand new and the wife was furious!!

I knew it was this guy that did it, because there was blue paint on the side of her Vette and the edge of his door lined up perfectly with the marks. Sherylann called the police. The police came and banged on the guys door till he woke up.
They brought him out to the car in his bare feet and showed him the marks. The guy denied it!! Well, the cop told him he was basically full of it and that he was going to have to pay!! He never parked next to Sherylann's Vettes again!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts