Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why Z06's are not eligible for the full slate of Vette colors? Why not Mag Red II or SW?

Given the near hysteria over a new blue, why aren't new colors standard fare each year? It seems odd that Vettes have few colors (or better quality, for that matter)not available on Silverados.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Marketing

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
That would have just been my luck for the General to offer Mag Red, if it was painted like my mag red convertible it would be a sweet looking car. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
65 Posts
I heard a rumor while I was in Bowling Green that the 2003 Anniversary Z06 would be available in Mag Red II. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts

On 2001-08-09 09:14, Jim Dawes spewed forth this drivel:
I heard a rumor while I was in Bowling Green that the 2003 Anniversary Z06 would be available in Mag Red II. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Not going to be an anniversary model Z06. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I was told at BG the reason for Z06's not being available in all colors was due to suppliers. The hardtop piece of the car is sent to BG already painted. The supplier of the hardtop piece could not reasonably handle the entire palette of colors.

·
Registered
496 Posts
The limited color selection of the car is a holdover from the FRC. The colors, as well as options, were limited to keep demand down.

If you recall, according to Dave Hill, the 2000 FRC didn't come in MY because it required the "special" paint process. Then magically in 2001 the Z06 was available in MY. They can paint them any color they choose. It's just a technique to limit demand.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Limit demand? I thought one of the reasons behind having the Z06 available on the FRC only was to prop up sales. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts

On 2001-08-09 11:06, Zoomin spewed forth this drivel:
I thought one of the reasons behind having the Z06 available on the FRC only was to prop up sales. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif
The FRC was always destined to be the Corvette Performance Platform.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
True, it was supposed to be the lightweight, "essence of sports car". Hence the low number of options. But it just didn't sell up to expectations, so they inject some testosterone and voila' - they get over MSRP for it.

Rather than get a subset of colors, I wonder why not some unique colors? For any of the models.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts