Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After winter Z hibernation, I just checked my "Tire Repair" KIT in the Z06 for the first time, and I see that I have *no* power "Connector" (to the lighter) and *no* "Tube" to add air to the tire valve. The 'compressor' IS there.

Would someone please describe what these pieces look like, and if they have 'part numbers'. Thanks.........

·
Registered
0 Posts
Mac,

There is a little door on the end of the compressor that has the power cord in it. The tube should be in the bag with the bottle along with a valve stem puller and a new valve stem.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Frank, is there anything you don't know?!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
155 Posts
Anyone know the part number for the tire repair kit? I just used up mine recently. Not that it did squat /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif - Frank, I'm sure you could talk at length about that /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif !

·
Registered
0 Posts
<B>
On 2001-03-21 23:31, JZ spewed forth this drivel:
Frank, is there anything you don't know?!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
</B>
I've learned from experience!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cry.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts

On 2001-03-21 23:38, raj spewed forth this drivel:
Anyone know the part number for the tire repair kit? I just used up mine recently.
Raj,

Part # for the refill bottle kit is 9593932.

Price...$47.25 plus tax!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif It includes a new valve stem, valve stem remover, and a bottle of Goop.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Knock on Wood, but I have never had a flat in all my years of driving /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif...well actually I had 1 with my 74 coupe (POS...besides the point) but I managed to drive it home and into the garage BEFORE it went totally flat /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Pretty good luck, huh.

Now watch, because I got cocky I'll be riding the tow truck!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
566 Posts
Frank;

please refrain from posting that pic of your car. It gives me the willies every time I see it. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Frank for the 'secret' to the power cord's hiding place.

By the way, had my Corvette Mike chrome wheels installed Tuesday. Pretty sharp on the Torch Z.

'98 C5 Silver Targa
NCRS # 19306
NCM Shinoda Charter Membership # 3216

·
Registered
26 Posts
While it's not GM, it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I saw this stuff at the local Harbor Freight store. It comes in various sizes. You could pick up some new valve stems, and carry them as well as a Slime kit.

Go to http://www.harborfreight.com/ Type in Slime in the Keyword box.

Only $29.99 for Slime and the compressor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts