Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen two now - Z06 convertibles - apparently there are a few companies around that will take the FRC and convert your car to a convertible. The couple I talked to said it cost over $11,000 to do it. My thoughts were, why not just buy the convertible and put the performance parts in to get Z performance levels - or more? $11,000 will do that and more. What do you guys think?

I have a torch red '99 FRC with 16K miles on it and am enjoying it pretty much stock. Just put new wheels on it to give it a different look (not Z06 - 2000 model 5-spoked, with black powdercoating and red Corvettte letters and red emblem in center- pics to be posted soon). Keeping everything that I take off so as to be able to return it to completely stock.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry about the pics

with my signature - my son has set up the existing pics and so it has the 6-speed shifter form the '99 and the Corsa exhausts from the '03 coupe! I will get that fixed!!!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Welcome Aboard the Good Ship Z06. :z: :z:

I Agree if you want a Vert buy a Vert. Taking a Z06 and making into a Vert is not my cup of tea. Each to their own.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I believe it would take more than $11K to do all of the changes to a convertible in order to make it have the same performance as the Z06. The Z06 package is a bit more than just adding 50 rwhp to convertible or hatchback.

Don

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
2001Z06 said:
I believe it would take more than $11K to do all of the changes to a convertible in order to make it have the same performance as the Z06. The Z06 package is a bit more than just adding 50 rwhp to convertible or hatchback.

Don

I Disagree, $11k maybe to exact Duplicate, I dont know, but for performance $11k would take over the edge of a Z06, I believe , I think the FRC(z06 included) and Convertible have the Sharpest and baddest design to the Vetter Yet, So I like them both but I like speed! Now It would be better to buy a vert and upgraded because a vert holds more value then a Z06, plus you could upgrade passed the Z06, why would you just upgrade the rims to z06 rims, when z06 owner upgrade to something else, and that goes for everything else, brakes, exhaust, engine work :usa: thats my opinion

·
Registered
1 Posts
Caravaggio Vette

I just purchased a Caravaggio Z06 Convertible conversion, and it is truly a piece of art. If you didnt know better you would think that this car was done by the factory. It might be a little heavier that a factory Z06 but worth the weight. Its truly a great vehicle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts