Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good Z06 car cover. Something that can stand weather, wind etc.. but not put scratch the paint etc, but fit the Z06, or couple style.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a cover from California car cover. I keep my car inside so I bought the dust stop, but they make other types that are more weather resistant for outside storage. The cover they furnished is for the convertable as the roof lines are similar. Mine fits perfectly.:)

·
Registered
508 Posts
I seem to remember eyeing some nice ones at Breathless... if I remember they had three grades (heavy being the best one for outside etc)...

Link to car covers at breathless

ps. get a lock. People in our apartments kept having kids steal them :(

·
Registered
129 Posts
I really like the Covercraft Weathershield. Its very light and compact and yet very tough. It only need to be tied on for really strong winds. It can be washed and dried in home washers and dryers. I've had mine for 6 months now and it doesn't show any wear despite numerous washings. To prevent scratches keep the cover and the car clean. Wash both at the same time. Beware that some covers specifically indicate they are to be washed only by hand.
Highly recommended.
Jim

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have the GM cover for the corvette C5 series. It fits the Z06 well and comes with a grommet kit to allow for the fixed Z06 radio antenna. It has the words Corvette printed on the front. It is heavy duty and the fit is good and not too tight - since I keep the car garaged the weather proof qualities are not an issue- protection from moving people and loose objects are the issue.
I also received as a gift a California Car Covers version for the Z06. It fit is a bit tighter and is quite a bit lighter than the GM cover and might be better for traveling because it is lighter and packs tighter - there was no grommet kit for the antenna just directions to cut a hole - not a great solution! they should have included a plastic grommet kit (15 cents max). For now the Z sits under the GM version cover in the garage.
:)

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Lundgren,

I bought the Mid America Z06 Car Cover. Like the Z, it really stands out. It's Torch Red with Triple Black sides. Has the C5 Emblem on the nose, and Corvette Letters in Black on the tail end.

It's a Car Cover Modeled after the New Z06 Corvette's Interior.

It's an Ultima ll Car Cover, which offers the maximum protection money can buy. This Cover is like no other. It's a Mid America Exclusive. Not cheap @ $299.99

You can order a Catalog(275 pages) by calling (800) 500-VETT(8388), or direct from their Website @ www.madirect.com

You won't be sorry :cool:

:cheers:
Barrie

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Try Ecklers

Try Ecklers, on line or give them a call and they will send you a free catalog in no time flat!
They carry many different types from several different manufactures and at reasonable prices compared to several of the other big name Vette accessories dealers (I shopped around)
I got the Dust Top since it stays in the garage all the time and the only protection I need is from dust:D
:cheers:

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Evolution Four

from Mid America good for the inside and outside...one cover does it all, also the Noah cover is very good. Both of these covers are under $150.00. Never dry them in a clothes dryer because they will shrink. Best to wash them on the car, and let them air dry there also. Do the other side the same way..reversed on the car.:) :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts