Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm contemplating a Z06 as my daily driver. I
currently drive a 97 BMW M3 and love it. I'm due for a new toy and the 01 M3 is nearly unobtainable so I'm looking for an alternative. A Z06 is attractive but I am not in a position to make it a garage queen, nor do I want to. Cars are meant to be driven! My M3 still feels and performs like new after 50k miles.

My questions for the forum are:

Who has the z06 with the most miles and what, if any, problems are you running into? How many of you are using the z06 as a daily driver?

Thanks.

Mark

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hi,
I picked up my Z06 early January.....this is my daily driver /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Now have about 6000 miles on her /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Only service.......changed oil at 1000 miles /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Added 2/3 rds qt. oil at 1900 miles /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Have added 1 qt. in March and another in May...but these were track days at little Taladega Grand Prix track /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
345 Posts
Mine is daily driver 4700 + no problems....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine's my daily driver. Approximately 3,000 miles. My only problem was a water leak at the base of the windshield.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
markn - I too own a 1999 Dinan M3. It has performed flawlessly for 25000 miles. However, there is no comparison between it and the Z06 performance wise. Also, the Z06 is a quite capable daily driver as others here have pointed out. If you get one, I promise you won't look back! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got mine but I do and will continue to drive mine everyday. One of the easiest to drive, comfortable, vehicles I have ever owned; and it runs like stink!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Mark:

I owned a '98 M3 drove it for 52,000 miles and loved virtually every one of them except for the numerous miles the dealer put on the car in several unsuccessful attempts to repair it. Last October I decided I needed a new toy for a daily driver, and I shoped and shoped. I drove many hot cars e.g. Porsches, Jaguars, BMWs, Audis, and etc. Nothing came close to the Z06.

I got my Z Friday March 9th at 8:30PM, and I've been driving it as a daily driver ever since. It's an amazing car. Get one, you won't be disappointed.

Mike

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I just bought an 01 M3 convertible. It is pretty damn fast. Handles great. Four seats ... blah blah blah. I have only 150 miles or so and need to get it to 1200 (break in) so I can really turn it loose and give a good comparison. I will say that at this time my Z06, engine wise, only has an air intake and thermostat mods. It absolutely kills the M3. The neck snapping torque is just not there in the M3. The build quality and overall fit and finish, of course, is much better in the M3 but guess which one gets the garage and wich one sits ouside under a cover. The Z06 is my baby!

I am doing a major engine modification (600hp) and with the stiffer clutch and power the "new Z" will have, I wanted a "fun" car for daily use.

If I had to choose between the two. Stock for stock ... the Z06 would be my pick ... hands down! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Mine is not a daily driver, but it could be. I have 10,000+ miles in just over 3 months it has been on the street. (It was parked from Oct. to April due to our nasty winter). No problems since I had the tranny replaced when it was a week old due to faulty synchros. I consider that teething pains. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
128 Posts
I picked my Z06 up 5 weeks ago and have 5500 miles on it.. daily driver.. thus far, no real complaints... it's the best daily driver I've owned thus far.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
My daily driver is a 2000 Cadillac DeVille DHS and I truly enjoy the luxury and comfort.
However, I love driving the Z06, and if I had to choose one as a daily driver: Z-06!!!

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a '95 M3 and looked at the new M3 before purchasing the Z06. If you don't need the back seats, in my opinion the Z is a better daily driver.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
THE MORE YOU DRIVE A ZO6, THE MORE OTHER CARS SUCK EVEN MORE:D
Just my opinion, but seriously, it will be an excellent daily driver.
best to you in your purchase, and as a friend of mine once said,'Luck is not a factor'
c4c5

·
Registered
837 Posts
Mine's a daily driver with about 7700 miles. Best of the six Corvettes I've owned. Easily the most intuitive, precise, and responsive car I've ever driven.

My suggestion is to drive the Z06 for 30 miles over a variety of road conditions and then make up your mind. You won't want to give the car back. It's that good.

Ranger

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I previuosly owned a 98 coupe as a daily driver and had basically no complaints with it. I only kept it a year, but it performed flawlessly for the 12000 miles I drove it. I can only imagine the subtle improvements my '02 Z06 will have ( I already know about the not so subtle ones /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif ) I plan to use it as my daily driver also. It is really reassuring to hear all of the positive comments about how accomodating the Z06 is on adaily basis. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif C'mon July /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

1 - 18 of 18 Posts