Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first C5 Z06 and it doesn't have the decal on the MAF that says Z06. I can see adhesive residue from where it used to be. I looked a lot of these cars before I bought and some had the decal and others didn't.

Can anyone tell me if all Z06s had these decals when new and where to get a replacement? I looked online and can't find a part number for it...:-?

·
Registered
377 Posts
easy....just check with largest Chev. dealer in your area....parts dep. and they will have the number and part...should have in stock, these do tend to "walk off".....
"Never too much horsepower"
Jim

·
9,755 Posts
I don't think that is a Chevy part, it is aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Ok, lets start calling things by their proper name:

This is the MAF (it does have a decal, a bar code.) It is connected to an air bridge that has an emblem embossed into the plastic. (Yes I know its dirty, damn sand gets everywhere). Some people put add on decals on this part.

This is the throttle body that attach's to the intake manifold (I have mine attached to the air bridge with a "smooth coupler" in lieu of the stock accordion one):

Is this the LS6 sticker you were talking about? I have an 04 Z06. I have seen cars with and without them (especially if there is an aftermarket or ported and polished unit).

·
9,755 Posts
That is exactly what mine looks like Tom ! (good clarification). I have the barcode, the embossed crossed flags, and the LS6 sticker - there is NO decal or sticker anywhere under the hood that states "Z06".

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Ok, lets start calling things the proper name:

This is the MAF (it does have a decal, a bar code.) It is connected to an air bridge that has an emblem embossed into the plastic. (Yes I know its dirty, damn sand gets everywhere). Some people put add on decals on this part.

This is the throttle body that attach's to the intake manifold:

Is this the LS6 sticker you were talking about? I have an 04 Z06. I have seen cars with and without them (especially if there is an aftermarket or ported and polished unit).
Someone call the Z06 police. Look how dirty that engine is. Oh, that's what they must look like when you actually drive them. :lol:

·
9,755 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I think that is the decal I see on some and not on others. Anyone have any idea why it didn't come on all of them?:-?

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
All I know is that at least *some* 2004's came with it and none of the prior years did ...

·
Registered
71 Posts
First, I know it's dirty. Got in late last night from 300 mile ride and haven't cleaned it back up yet.
But my 02 didn't have anything on it when I got it and I added mine. Mine is actually a engraved and painted billet plate about 1/8" thick and not just a sticker. Just sorta adds a little under there, and that spot just seemed to be staring at me when I would open the hood like something was missing.:yeadog:

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Where did you get that TB. decal? How do I get one? I show my Z often, & that would finish off my engine perfectly!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'd be happy with just the original decal. Talked to my local Stealer and he said they aren't available any more....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts