Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw on another web site the Z06 may be delayed until 8/20 9/30 this memo was dated July 6th so I am praying it is wrong ! KEEP you fingers crossed ! :guiness:

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
curvesman said:
Saw on another web site the Z06 may be delayed until 8/20 9/30 this memo was dated July 6th so I am praying it is wrong ! KEEP you fingers crossed ! :guiness:
I have heard nothing about this so I would say it is BS.:)

·
Registered
765 Posts
That is most likely the case with the allocation coming later in the calendar year for certain dealers.

I'm with Rick on this one.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
johniew398 said:
If Rick Daniel says it's BS, it's BS!
Second that. :usa:

·
Registered
576 Posts
:yeadog: :yeadog:

GOLD72

·
Registered
765 Posts
I think that I have a better understanding of what the confusion is on this topic.

I re-read the thread on the other site. This was an email from 'someone' at GM to the dealer, not an official program delay letter from Detroit.

Based on the DOSP cycles and lead times, I can understand where the dates come in to play. I think that I will start a new thread to talk about order processing and timing.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm a new member of this forum, and just came over from the other site. I received a call today to come in and put my order into the system, which I did, and it was accepted today. I also saw the allocation letter, which projects my car as a November delivery.

Obviously, I understand at this point, it's just a projection.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
foosh said:
I'm a new member of this forum, and just came over from the other site. I received a call today to come in and put my order into the system, which I did, and it was accepted today. I also saw the allocation letter, which projects my car as a November delivery.

Congrats and welcome aboard. :cool:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Anyone know of a dealer that actually has an allocation in the next 6 months without a person waiting in line for the new Z??....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks Tom!

Constren, as I understand it, only one allocation letter has been sent (on June 16), and that letter only projects deliveries through December. The letter I saw today at my dealer was pretty clear on that, as it also was clear in stating it was just a projection. I think those first cars are spoken for by now, if everyone who is in line takes delivery. However the latter sentence is a big "if."

The next letter is not supposed to be sent to dealers until later in the Fall.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
foosh said:

Congrats this is a great web site WELCOME :usa:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Annapolis...eh? :thumb: Got another Md man on the site!!! :cheers:
Welcome Aboard! :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks for the welcome MSiska. Where are you? I have a black on black Z-51 C6 with a fair number of miles already. The Z was too much to resist.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts