Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having been reminded by HarleyB's delivery episode, I am curious if any other members might have any interesting or unusual delivery experiences and or photos to share with us. I am still in shock though HarleyB!:) You seem calmer than I think I might have been in your shoes /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif Anyway... can anyone top HarleyB's delivery pics? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
906 Posts
AgentZ06....
One more of the Z06 logo...

I know you MUST have had a better delivery than THIS....

HarleyB

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HarleyB... actually I am awaiting museum delivery of my 2002 Quicksilver/Mod Red right now. However, I have a sneaky suspicion that my delivery will have to be better than yours HarleyB /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

·
Registered
282 Posts
HarleyB, did you give your dealer the explicit instruction not to wash your car before delivery? I wonder in what condition I'm gonna get mine because I'm planning not to let the dealer do anything to it before I pick it up. I learned that the hard way with my current car as it had swirl marks and minor scratches from improper washing when I took delivery. Not that it mattered anyway as a few days later the foolish me brought the car to a self-help car wash and it wasn't until after several sweeps with the provided brush that I realized the brush was full of sand! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif Fortunately the damage wasn't too severe and I was able to minimize the scratches with wax.

·
Registered
906 Posts
•AgentZ06... I meant you WILL have... either that or the Museum Delivery is HIGHLY over-rated! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

•beggar... the dealer in MI did detail it (the interior was perfect)... it was the truck trip to WA state that got it dirty again.

HarleyB

·
Registered
266 Posts
AgentZ06,

I had a very good one. Delivery people were Intercity Lines Inc. provided by Bob Benedix of Bill Estes Chev. Rig had finished hardwood floors, all nylon straps, Car covered during transit, and hydraulic elevator which keeps car flat for low ground clearance cars. The car was dropped off at my front door. They also carry for Barrett Jackson and others.

Please check link. Don't want to hog bandwith.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/john_j_reese?d&.flabel=fld13&.src=ph

http://www.intercitylines.com/

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice delivery pics 2k Cobra! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif That is the sort of care you would like to see taken with all Corvettes. Congratulations and enjoy! Nice color choice BTW... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also used Intercity line to deliver my car from Michigan. I did not want to take a chance of oil leaker on top of my car or have to worry about the clearance issues. The car was shipped mid winter so for the extra $550.00 to go enclosed in a Nascar style hauler was well worth the peace of mind. These guys even put 2 covers on it in the trailer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts