Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a Drag radial replacement tire for the rear of my 01 Z, and i was wondering if you could help me find a company who makes a 295/30-18. I really like the nitto 555R's but they dont make the tire size that i need. I also wouldnt mind going to a bit wider tire like a 315 or so, if you could help me out on finding a drag type radial tire that would be great.:D

·
Registered
464 Posts
I use a set of 17" ZR1 repro wheels and BFG DR's I got this set
from Discount Tires and it was pretty reasonable.

Regards,

2charmed

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I got a set of MT Et Streets 26x11.5x16 ($152 each) on a set of 16x8.5 C4 wheels (free). Looks like just a touch off the top of each rear knuckle and they are ready to go. I have a set of 16x9.5 that I am going to try and see if they require more grinding to make them work If not I will switch to the 9.5s.

The ET streets are a lot meaner tire than any drag radial. But if you are dead set on drag radials there are some good 17's out there.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
You will have to go with the 17 for drag radials. I have 315's mounted on Z06 front wheels. Thay definatly make the car easer to launch but with some practice the G/Y SC 18 are about the best real street tire going for the drags. Ric

·
Registered
75 Posts
Powershifter, do you have pics available of the 315's mounted on 17" rims. I just happen to have the same idea. In fact I have the 17" rims in my attic. As opposed to the 275 40 17's, do the 315's look OK on the front rims as mounted?

Thanks in advance

PowerShifter said:
You will have to go with the 17 for drag radials. I have 315's mounted on Z06 front wheels. Thay definatly make the car easer to launch but with some practice the G/Y SC 18 are about the best real street tire going for the drags. Ric

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Zed Six, Can't show you a picture. Thay look fine there is a bit of a sidewall bulge but not objectional to me. I did it this way because I like the wheels to match. Thay work fine for the drag strip but cornering is slightly comprimized. Ric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts