• Already have an aftermarket system

Votes: 68 21.9%
  • WHAT'S THAT YOU SAY THERE SONNY!?

Votes: 31 10.0%
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have just gotta tell you all that I was really surprised by my wife. She regularly drives the Z06, while I drive the FRC with Corsa Indys. Today, we swapped vehicles. She called to say that my FRC was louder and sounded better than her Z. Looks like it's gonna be Borla XR-1's for us! She also found my clutch heavier, and the ride stiffer on normal in-town streets. Anybody else got a similar comparison?

Joe :D :roll: :-?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I guess I have to vote that the sound level is just right. I like the way my 02 sounds, but must admit that my buddy's mustang sounds better. I know that sounds bad, but his car really seems to hit-a-lick, so to speak. It almost sounds like it is hitting harder or slower. Even at idle, the Z sounds like it is revving a little higher. No complaints, I should just shut up now.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
CarToys said:
jnation,

Do you know how loud the Bassani is compared to Corsa Indys?

:-?
Yes--I was able to hear Bassani, Corsa Indy's & Borla's all together at my mechanics.

The Corsas was much louder at WOT. But I liked the deepness of the idle and the look of the 4" tips of the Bassani's.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jnation said:

Yes--I was able to hear Bassani, Corsa Indy's & Borla's all together at my mechanics.

The Corsas was much louder at WOT. But I liked the deepness of the idle and the look of the 4" tips of the Bassani's.
Thanks. I'll have to check the Bassanis out. :cheers:

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jnation said:

Thanks. I'll have to check the Bassanis out. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I personally like the sound of my stock system!! I had a 95' that sounded like a singer sewing machine so the Z is alot louder. I do alot of highway driving so I don't want an exhaust that is too loud:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I wouldn't change the exhaust on my '02 for anything. :)

How much more trick can you get than Ti? :-?

The small gain in HP and possible increase in resonance are just not worth it to me..... :cool:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Too quiet 01

Hey guys. Help me out here. My car is too quiet. I am now thinking of two possibiltys.
1. Replace cat/f-pipe with 2002 unit.
2. TPIS long tube headers,doing away with the pre-cats.
I've read ( and read) all the posts on headers,and still no help on the decision. Not looking for HP gains as much as a good sounding exhaust. I'm all ears. :-?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Baron:

you should definitely pick some sound level going to long tubes because the pre-cats have to go, not to mention a bit of a HP gain. Sound is a personal thing, some like it loud, others like it quieter. I personally like it quiet until the hammer goes down, then loud is good, resonance at cruise is bad. You don't want to end up being too conspicuious. :D

·
Registered
638 Posts
My 02' sounds good stock. This sounds crazy and I know others have said it, when I put the Blackwing on I swear the car became louder. Espeacially at WOT.

One thing I heard about the Bassani is that it gives our cars more of a european sound. that high revving V12ish sound.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Installed a Corsa TI, cat back system, on a 2001 ZO6 2 weeks ago. AWESOME!!!! Gitar player for Aerosmith. He's got a nice collection of cars but thinks his ZO6 has the best sound. I do too...and I think I've heard all the systems. Three of the band members have ZO6's; 2 01' and an 02'.

Bob

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
I am very satisfied with the sound of the '02 Z06 exhaust, big difference over the regular C5's!:)

carzzy

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Baron.

I have upgraded my 01 exhaust to the 02, (from exhaust manifold to the ti mufflers).

I now love the sound of my car, louder, deeper, and very loud at WOT. Plus I picked up about 5 ponies :D

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Titanium rules. My car is enough of a cop magnet as it is. I will probably get rid of the pups and possibly add headers and high flow cats some day, but not for the sound.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts