Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up the 2002 edition "Sports & GT Cars" by Road&Track. The 02 Z06 is on the cover.

There are two articles, one is a test of the '02 on a dusty track and the other is a comparison at Thunderhill of an '01 Z06 vs. an SS Camaro, BMW Z8, Ferrari 360 Modena, Ferrari 550 Maranello, Porshe 911 Turbo and others.

The Z06 outperformed all but the Ferrari 360 Modena. The Z06 lap time was faster than the Ferrari Maranello ($224k) by almost 1 second and bettered the Porshe 911 Turbo by over 2 seconds.

Unfortunately they didn't include a comparison chart of all the cars tested that day.

I thought this magazine would be a good addition to those of us that collect publications about our cars.:cheers:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I haven't seen this issue yet, but that comparo is an old one. R&T is famous for "recycling" their articles. All the cars in that test were piloted around Thunderhill by Steve Millen.

Did R&T do a fully automated test on the '02 Z06 in this issue?

·
Registered
282 Posts
I agree with Raj that the Thunderhill test is most likely a recycled article from quite a long time ago. I remember it quite well but I don't have the issue that had it. What kind of numbers did the 2002 Z06 get?

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I read the highlights at Barnes & Noble bookstore, and was pleased with all the raves they gave it! :cheers:

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Briank,
Steve Millen drove most of the cars for lap times.

I'm not sure if it was a recycled article. I believe all the cars were tested on the same day. There is a pic of all the cars together and most articles mention that the track was wet during practice and warmup, but dried up later.

beggar,
I don't have the magazine with me right now, but in the other article about the 2002, the numbers were bad because they said the track was dusty. I'll post the numbers as requested when I get home

1 - 8 of 8 Posts