Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JC: Thanks for posting the dates for our event!!! :cheers:

I will make my hotel reservation TODAY.

HINT: In the past I have found some hotels RAISE their regular rates once they know the NCM has a special event scheduled for that particular weekend. So I advise you to book early...after all, one can usually cancel up to the date of arrival without cost.

For more info on Bowling Green hotel/tourist info, you can contact their Visitor's Bureau at: 1-800-326-7465, email them at www.bg.ky.net/tourism. Snail mail address is Bowling Green Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, 352 Three Springs Road-VG, Bowling Green, Ky. 42104.

The NCM can be reached at 1-800-53-VETTE or email at www.corvettemuseum.com.

To contact the Corvette Assembly Plant, call 270-745-8419 or www.corvettemuseum.com/plant-tours.

Hope this help!

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Zippy,

Which hotel are you planning on using, having never been there I am looking for recommendations...

Mark

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mr Dickey:

Right next to the NCM is a Country Hearth Motel, nice but it is not close to restaurants, shopping, etc. Across the street is a Best Western, and same conditions apply.

If one travels 6 miles South on Interstate 65 you will have your choice of all major chain hotels, numerous gas stations, all price level restaurants, shopping, etc.

Mrs Zippy & I always stay the Hampton Inn in BG (270-842-4100 is the local number) because it is clean, and my wife likes the fact it is within walking distance of BG's biggest Mall, Greenwood Mall. I drop her off at the Mall, and then spend the afternoon at the NCM events, she walks back to the hotel, and we meet at a designated time, then go out together for dinner. Within 2 blocks of the Hampton is a self serve car wash, and 3-4 restaurants, and it is right off I-65. Right next door is a Baymont Inn, which is also very nice and owned by the same Mangement Co.

Strongly recommend anyone who has not been to BG to contact the visitor bureau for their free BG guide as I mentioned in my previous post because it has a comprehensive guide to BG.

Hope this helps! :cheers:

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Our own member GNX GUY is spearheading the arrangements. As soon as he as the Hotel lined up he will post it. :) Baymont and Hampton look good. :)

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
I stayed at the Hampton, which shares a common entrance with the Baymont. I'm going to book my room soon at the same place. FUBU69/LES:)

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Booked my reservation at the Hampton Inn tonight! We plan on arriving Thursday, September 26th. :D

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Les,

Do they have Suites at the Hampton?? Since I am bringing Sherylann and the poodles :roll:, I need extra room.

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Zippy,

Thanks for the info, just got my membership packet from the NCM and it has a visitor guide in it. Will be booking the Hampton this evening...

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Frank, I know the Baymont has Suites at the BG location, not sure about the Hampton.

Great to hear Sherylann is going!!! :cheers:

Zippy :) :)

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Booked at the Hampton, can't wait, will be a long year...

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IMA Z06, MDickie, FUBU, so glad to see you're staying at the Hampton also...Looking forward to meeting each and every one!

Zipster :z: :z:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts