Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Yes, I will attend but do not wish assist

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my lifetime membership packet today (ist 1st class, see my other post) and included was the NCM 2002 Calendar of Events. The 7th event listed is our event. It states: Z06 FEST This inaugrural Z06 event held at the NCM promises to be a homage to ultra-performance with full days of autocrossing and drag racing, tech sessions and seminars, road tours, and a cookout and banquet. SEPT 26-28 (Thursday, Friday, & Saturday)

I have been designated as the liason between Z06vette.com and the NCM. I will be working closely with the NCM museum on behalf of Z06vette.com to assist in planning one hell of an event. Z06vette.com will be acting as a co-host for this event.

I'd like to get a rough count on who we can count on to attend this event.

I would also like to here any ideas that you might have that you would like to see incorporated into this event. I will then pass these ideas along to our contact at the NCM for possible inclusion.

As a co-host we will need to offer assistance during the event. I'd like to start a list of those that we can count on to lend a helping hand during the event. We need help at the cookout, car show, and other events during the weekend.

Joe

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Joe,

Way to go never to early to get things rolling, My vote=Going and lend an arm......................

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
298 Posts
If I'm alive, I'll definitely be there. I'll go ahead and volunteer to lead the "Z06 Scenic Cruise". We'll depart on Friday evening around 2pm and cruise along the beautiful :roll: I-65 as we head to Nashville. Right before we enter Nashville we will exit and head towars our "destination". Once there, we will enjoy the lovely scenery of Hooters. :D :D :D ...... AND BRING YOUR CAMERAS!!! ;)

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OOOH, I like this idea very much, think the museum would go for it. I really am serious. But it would have to be thursday, as Friday is the Cookout and Saturday the banquet. Maybe we could do this a lunch

Keep the ideas coming

Joe

cyaford said:
If I'm alive, I'll definitely be there. I'll go ahead and volunteer to lead the "Z06 Scenic Cruise". We'll depart on Friday evening around 2pm and cruise along the beautiful :roll: I-65 as we head to Nashville. Right before we enter Nashville we will exit and head towars our "destination". Once there, we will enjoy the lovely scenery of Hooters. :D :D :D ...... AND BRING YOUR CAMERAS!!! ;)

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TATTLE TAILS

fcalmes said:
Joe,

I can't remember the name of that strip club in BG....think those chickies would want to do banner shots?? :lol:

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
I would like to attend as well. Its a long haul but WTF, you only live once and I've never been there. I think a lot of members will attend this and it would be helpful if we could put a name with a face through some type of name badge for those who wanted to wear them. Will there be a fee for this gathering? Registration packet? What do you think? :guiness:

·
Registered
298 Posts
fcalmes said:
Joe,

I can't remember the name of that strip club in BG....think those chickies would want to do banner shots?? :lol:
I can't mention any names, but after one of the past big events in BG, a few members and Corvette celebrities made a run to Al's Showplace in Nashville. There's also Ken's Gold Club where they offer a FREE lunch buffet, or so I hear..............

·
Registered
0 Posts
Muffler,

I'm sure there will be a small registration fee that will cover the dinner banquet, t-shirts, long distance award :D etc. This event is going to be huge!!

Frank

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I like just 2 hours from the museum. Anything I can do I will be more than willing to do. Just let me know. Count me in. Take care

Andy
T/R Z06

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
YES, I will be there and more than willing to help!

Joe, BIG CONGRATS on your recent Lifetime membership to the NCM!

For those that have never attended a Corvette event at the NCM, just go to their web site and click on EVENTS, then click on one of their major event listings under "Schedule" and you can see what, typicallly, goes on during a weekend event.

I have attended numerous Vet weekends at the NCM, and I can honestly say, the entire staff works hard to make sure their guests have a great time!

We Will Have a SUPER event!

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Been waiting to hear some of the details for this awesome event. will be there and very willing to help with whatever body part(s) are needed.

The only problem is that we have to wait a whole year, can't wait...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Definitely will attend. Long haul from Houston also but North of Nashville is home for me. Look forward to the fun roads and getting back there for a while. Look forward to meeting some of you also.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I've already scheduled vacation time :)

Joe,

Let me know what I can do. If there is any interest in a group trip to Ft. Knox, Patton museum located next to the Gold Vault let me know and I will contact the museum and see what I can arrange. Ft. Knox is about 90 minutes from B.G.

·
Registered
510 Posts
It will be the first thing on my 2001 leave schedule :cheers:
I am really looking forward to it.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
GalaxyEng said:
It will be the first thing on my 2001 leave schedule :cheers:
I am really looking forward to it.
GalaxyEng
Welcome aboard, dont know if ya made a typo but its 2002................................

:) :cheers:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Mr Galaxy:

Welcome to the forum......looking forward to meeting everyone at the NCM next September! :cheers:

Zippy :z: :z:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts