Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nate at Xtreme Motorsports has agreed to participate in another group purchase of his Z06/FRC patition, and has given me permission to start the ball rolling with this thread.

If we can get 20+ firm orders for the partition, the price will be $310.00. This is a $50 savings over the already reduced forum member price.

ALSO, on this go around, if you want carpeting on BOTH sides of the partition it will NOT cost you any more. If you would still prefer the carpet on one side (trunk side) and vinyl on the cockpit side, then that's OK too. Just specify when submitting your order to Nate.

To get in on this Group Purchase, please email Nate at [email protected] and give him the following information.

1) Qty of partitions desired
2) Carpet on one side (as usual) or both sides (custom :D)
3) Name and address

In your email, ask Nate to send back a confirmation so you know your on the GP list.

I will get feedback from Nate on the running order total and update this thread from time to time.

My name is already on the Group Purchase list, so we actually need 19 more to get this deal on an awesome accessory for the Z06/FRC Vette !! If there are any questions, please post them in this thread.

Go see these threads for some comments from people who have the partition in their Z06/FRC:
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2519&perpage=15&pagenumber=1
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3736

UPDATE (9/4/01)
Nate reports 7 orders so far!. I will update the order numbers every couple of days.

Nate has set the group buy cut-off date as 9/31/01. Originally it was the 15th, but I asked for an extension and Nate graceously gave us until the end of Sept. -- THANKS NATE! This should give us ample time to get 20+ orders.

Also, the shipping is extra, and only runs about $5 to $9 via UPS ground per Nate.

UPDAT (9/12/01)
Nate has informed me that he and his manufacturer believe that the carpet color is slightly different in the 2002 Z06 vs. the 2001 model. Even though they verified that the carpet's part number has not changed, they have claimed that 2002 owners have commented that the match is not perfect with the carpet now used on the partition.

I have been in email correspondance with Nate on this issue with respect to the partition group purchase. Nate says that he wouldn't want to sell partitions to 2002 owners and have them dissatisfied with the carpet match. At this time, they are looking into this farther to see if GM has really changed the carpet in some way.

Question -- has anyone with a 2002 Z06 already purchased a partition from Nate, and if so, can you tell a distinct mis-match in color and/or texture??

At this time, it sounds like the number of orders for the partition group purchase is upto 15 (almost there -- need 20+). Please don't backout of the group purchase until we give Nate and the manufacturer some time to figure out whats going on with the carpet issue in the 2002 Zs.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Weight of the Partition???

For those of us watching the weight of our cars :)...

Does anyone know the actual weight of the partition with (1) vinyl one side and (2) carpet on both sides??

Thanks in advance.

Ranger

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
And Nate is a supporting vendor for this forum, so i've you've been waiting to spend some cash on a partition........

Also, make sure to tell him what forum you're from.....

JC

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Remember too that the partition can be popped in/out very easily, so if you wanted to take it out during drag strip or road course it can be gone fast.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ooops -- I figured I'd get heat about that! :D:D.

I wanted maximum exposure, so went here and products forum. I guess if the moderators want to move it around thats their perogative.

It would be nice if it could be made a 'sticky' if possible ;)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks JC! :D

Hope there is enough interest to get the GP price. I asked Nate to let me know how we are doing, and I will report back here every 2 or 3 days. This maybe the last chance to get this low price for awhile :D.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
ZeeOhSix; Has Nate given you a time limit on his offer, or is it limited to the first 20 that sign up? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MUFFLERBEARING -- I did not get a time limit from Nate. I will email him to find out if he's going to put a cut-off date on it. If there is alot of interest and we can get 20+ orders in a few weeks then IMO that would work too :D.

I'll email him right now and get back with you tomarrow.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm in for the price break for sure. I was going to put off buying one for a bit, but for the price break I'll jump on it. I'd like cloth on both sides... I kinda wish we could get the C5 emblem or the Z06 emblem or both embroidered into the front piece though :)

I am not sure who to e-mail. I don't want to e-mail the wrong vender and hurt anybodies feelings.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
ZO SIC -- go read the very first post in this thread, there are insturctions on how to order on this group purchase. You email Nate directly as it details.

I was like you, going to wait too -- don't have my Z yet but soon. This is a great chance to get on made how you like it, plus the discounted price :D.

The emblem thing might be neat, but probably not eveyone would want it, plus I'm sure it would add cost. You might be able to get a patch made up with velcro on the back and just stick it well on the carpet on the partition .... hummm, sounds like a money makin' idea to me :D.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice product but I think I will wait for a more realistic price. Question: if this partition was for another make of car would it be 310.00?----highly unlikly.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts