Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up Drag2000.... anybody know what the frontal area is of a 2001 Z06?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Jim,

Not sure about the frontal area, but the front tread width is 62.4"
Sep. Car&Driver lists the coefficient of drag (on p.63) at 0.29, but I believe Chevy claims 0.31

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
This same attribute or "spec" for the car is used in the CARTEST 2000 program, which I think is great, used often, and worth every penny I paid to the programmer.

Frontal area is an optional field in CARTEST 2000 and if you leave it blank the program approximates the value based on overall width, height, ground clearance, and tire sizes. It does an admirable job of calculating a late model Corvettes performance envelop and actually makes projection quite accurately.

Still, you know the old saying, "GIGO" or garbage in - garbage out. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
This same attribute or "spec" for the car is used in the CARTEST 2000 program, which I think is great, use often, and worth every penny I paid to the programmer.

Check it out at http://www.cartest2000.com/

Frontal area is an optional field in CARTEST 2000 and if you leave it blank the program approximates the value based on overall width, height, ground clearance, and tire sizes. It does an admirable job of calculating a late model Corvettes performance envelop and actually makes acceleration and top speed projections quite accurately.

Still, you know the saying, "GIGO", ie, garbage in - garbage out. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well... the version of CT I have, frontal area is blank. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Oh well, I'll keep searching. Thanks guys. For now I guesstimated it at 20.47 sq'.

Jim

http://www.nastyperformance.com

'01 Z06 - 12.29 @ 117.75
'01 GSX-R750

1 - 6 of 6 Posts