Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was an independent test as I live in KY and have nothing to gain from this, I'm not associated with LGM in anyway. LGM has a great cam and LongTube Header package and it makes exactly what Matt @ LGM said it would make. I just figured the buying public should know and hear from a third party.

I'm not sure how to post the graph so if someone does send me a pm. This was with the mods in my SIG and no ported tb, ud pulley, electric h20 pump, & untouched stock LS6 heads through a full exhaust no/cats. When I went to the track the car still wasn't dynotuned and had only a street tune and one bad spark plug wire, I ran a best time of 11.9 @ 120.3 mph on a 1.98 60ft. I very pleased with the results, and I can't thank Alex enough for tuning the car, he's the best around.

Dyno-Jet #'s 429.7 RWHP 400.4 RWTQ, the car is right where it should be according to others that have the same package that dynoed on a DJ.

I picked up a solid 60.6 RWHP on a SuperFlow WinDyn, and 69.8 RWHP on a DJ from the cam and header swap.

Stock Dyno #'s 359.9 RWHP 357.7 RWTQ
Dyno-Jet #'s 429.7 RWHP 400.4 RWTQ
Superflow WinDyn #'s 420.5 RWHP 391.8 RWTQ
:cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
429.7 Rwhp 400.4 Rwtq :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IT L GO, thanks man, I'm very happy with the way things turned out. :jammin:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Is your G5X3 112 or 114 LSA? :cheers:

·
Registered
752 Posts
In Debt...

Thats great performance. Lou has got a winning combination. Your mph is impressive...just think if you would have 8 good plugs...aint no catching you then :rofl:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IT L GO said:
Is your G5X3 112 or 114 LSA? :cheers:
114 LSA :cheers:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
silvertp said:
In Debt...

Thats great performance. Lou has got a winning combination. Your mph is impressive...just think if you would have 8 good plugs...aint no catching you then :rofl:

It took me about 3-4 months to pull the trigger on the cam. With the right tuner and alittle slip of the clutch you really can't tell the cam is as big as it is. I really like this setup, most of my friends have the G5X2 and have had great results with this cam, I just wanted to be different. The G5X3 screams up top in the higher RPM's.

If anyone is on the fence I would recommend this cam. My cars not a daily driver, but I wouldn't have any worries if it was a daily driver.

I going to go back to the track Friday it the weather will cooperate, I'm hoping for a 11.7-11.8 @ 122. I let you guys know how it turns out. :cheers:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Nice work. GLad your package worked out without any problems.

I plan on trying this package on my C6 LS2 in a week, then I will put a set of AFR 205's on with our mods and we will let it rip.

This cam and header pacakge has been the most consistant package that we put out. To get over 500 hp (430rwhp) with just a cam and our headers has been great.

Thanks for the business and have fun with your package.

LG

·
Registered
752 Posts
In Debt...would you risk a comparison with your friends cars w/ G5x2 cams? Are they similarily modded otherwise. Im just curious in a comparison between the two. Have they done any passes at the drags under conditions that are comparable?

Man anytime youve got a street car that can turn 120 + in the quarter that is :coo:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Lou, thanks your cams and LG LongTubes are well worth the money. Under full throttle the car is plain nasty. People seem to do this alot :jawdrop: In all honesty you get what you pay for, I know the LT's are expensive but the quality is unmatched in my opinion. I can't wait to see your results in the LS2. I told Matt I would be ordering the 205's alittle later down the road, I will definately be ordering from LGM. Matt was a great help to me no matter how many times I called.

Vette1171, go ahead and pull the trigger it will be hard to get the grin off your face the first time you get in and go full throttle. :D

silvertp, It would be really unfair to compare the G5X2 to the G5X3 as they are in F-Bodies with different mods (ET Streets, Gears, etc.) One friend ran a 11.50 @ 117 with the G5X2 and another ran 11.97 @ 119. I still made more HP on the Dyno but at the track they are alittle quicker but from a roll it would be a totally different story. Both are excellent cams, and there G5X2's are on a 112 LSA. :z:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RobGrnfld said:
Congrats, very impressive numbers. :thumb:
Rob, Thanks Bro. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
L G Motorsports said:
Nice work. GLad your package worked out without any problems.

I plan on trying this package on my C6 LS2 in a week, then I will put a set of AFR 205's on with our mods and we will let it rip.

This cam and header pacakge has been the most consistant package that we put out. To get over 500 hp (430rwhp) with just a cam and our headers has been great.

Thanks for the business and have fun with your package.

LG
Lou,

Would this be a good cam for an A4 with the new Yank 3800 converter and 3.42 gears? I am looking for a new cam for my Coupe.

Thanks, D.J.

·
Registered
687 Posts
OneQuickCoupe said:
Lou,

Would this be a good cam for an A4 with the new Yank 3800 converter and 3.42 gears? I am looking for a new cam for my Coupe.

Thanks, D.J.
DJ,
With that converter you can put almost any cam you want in it.
This cam needs to idle at 950 to 1000 rpms. That converter will be plenty big enough for this cam or even a bigger one.

We have seen over 415rwhp with an A4 and this header and cam package.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti
Feel freel to give us a call and we can put a package together for you.

here is a photo of the new C6-Z06 race car if you haven't seen it. LG

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
L G Motorsports said:
DJ,
With that converter you can put almost any cam you want in it.
This cam needs to idle at 950 to 1000 rpms. That converter will be plenty big enough for this cam or even a bigger one.

We have seen over 415rwhp with an A4 and this header and cam package.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti
Feel freel to give us a call and we can put a package together for you.

here is a photo of the new C6-Z06 race car if you haven't seen it. LG

Thanks for the reply Lou.

I'm at 412 RWHP right now with a cam that has a lot less duration and lift than your best piece. We may be on to something here. My car storms now, just looking for something more. Your cam may be the answer. I would love to try one. Do you give a discount to Z06vette.com members?

D.J

·
Registered
687 Posts
OneQuickCoupe said:
Thanks for the reply Lou.

I'm at 412 RWHP right now with a cam that has a lot less duration and lift than your best piece. We may be on to something here. My car storms now, just looking for something more. Your cam may be the answer. I would love to try one. Do you give a discount to Z06vette.com members?

D.J

DJ,
Our number is without ported heads. Just stock heads that have never been off.

LG

1 - 18 of 18 Posts