Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
The Z06 sure sounded good. :jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I raced my CRG go kart with a Yz125 motor for years, yes the Kart would beat the Z06 on a low speed track like that, In a straight line the Kart would take the Z06 for problably 100feet after that obsviously the Z06 will blew buy the Kart, Listening to the gear changes and motor, It must be a 125 with gearing to hit 70mph, so the Go kart would do good in the 1/8, the Vid was worked to look like a long straight away drag race but it was only like 1/16 of a mile if that...

But I miss my GO-kart so much, theres no describing how awesome it feels to drive a mini F1 car, It pulls 4gs, thats 4 times your Body weight against you :jammin:

BTW for comparison and to show how fast a shifter Kart really is, because of science reasons: that go kart with a 125cc engine would smoke a Dirt bike with 250cc, twice the motor :cheers: thanx for sharing :yeadog: :guiness:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what confused me is 0-100 in 6 sec that's pretty good. Witha top speed of 120??? Not sure if the Z would take it in a 1/4

·
Registered
331 Posts
My dad's got a 250 International Kart that he never races anymore. I've driven it twice and it's ridiculously fast.

90 hp, 0-60 in about 3 sec, 9.x sec 1/4 mile and a top speed of 156 mph.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
reddeath said:
what confused me is 0-100 in 6 sec that's pretty good. Witha top speed of 120??? Not sure if the Z would take it in a 1/4

Its fast but to hit 0-100 in 6 secons, I dont think so, I tried to get the my kart to the 1/4 to have good numbers, Mine was geared out to hit 70mph top speed, I would say it would do 0-30mph faster then most production cars, If you changed gearing you could get it over 100mph but it with be a slug out the whole...

This vid was made to show that a GO-kart can beat a Z06 in those tracks, I say the Go-kart could run 14s in the 1/4 maybe 13s at best, depending on gearing, thats my opinion from racing it for years, I had a mustang and the Z06 at the same time as the Go-kart, the Go-kart is smaller so it feels faster then you'd be in the Z06 :z:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
UstaB-GS549 said:
I doubt that.

I thought this was common knowelege, an F1 car pulls 5 gs, Im not positive of 4gs, But let me tell you, If you never rode one you would never believe what it does, If you dont wear a neck brace you will hurt your neck for days if not injury, I never rode on it the turns without a neck brace, My neck was sore for a whole week after one day race :yeadog:

·
Banned
809 Posts
Karts are the closest that you can get to driving an F1 or Champ Car. Many of the top open wheels drivers in the world have a karting background and many use karting to keep in shape.

Sal

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've done the indoor karting and love it. I want to try it a few more times this year and see if I still love it if so I'm gonna look into it for a winter hobbie :)
Anyone have any suggestions?

Karting forums that are good?
links for equipment?

·
Registered
83 Posts
KillerVette said:
where can i go on the east coast to rent those karts??
I would love to know as well. I have been to Victory Lane Karting in Charlotte, NC. It is an indoor karting place with 9hp, non-governed, Honda powered, Sodi karts. We were hitting around 35-40 mph max on a very tight track.

Iit was fun, but I am sure it does not even come close to a 120cc shifter kart.

Kirk

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
I raced my CRG go kart with a Yz125 motor for years, yes the Kart would beat the Z06 on a low speed track like that, In a straight line the Kart would take the Z06 for problably 100feet after that obsviously the Z06 will blew buy the Kart, Listening to the gear changes and motor, It must be a 125 with gearing to hit 70mph, so the Go kart would do good in the 1/8, the Vid was worked to look like a long straight away drag race but it was only like 1/16 of a mile if that...

But I miss my GO-kart so much, theres no describing how awesome it feels to drive a mini F1 car, It pulls 4gs, thats 4 times your Body weight against you :jammin:

BTW for comparison and to show how fast a shifter Kart really is, because of science reasons: that go kart with a 125cc engine would smoke a Dirt bike with 250cc, twice the motor :cheers: thanx for sharing :yeadog: :guiness:

Luis...just to let you know...we go to a go-cart track friday night at the Fest. And it's a blast! :thumb:

·
Banned
809 Posts
MSiska said:
Luis...just to let you know...we go to a go-cart track friday night at the Fest. And it's a blast! :thumb:
I don't think that the go-karts that you drive at the combination batting cages/golf range/go-kart track are the same as the 125cc shifter karts. ;)

I'm sure that they are still fun though.

Sal

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
salvador said:
I don't think that the go-karts that you drive at the combination batting cages/golf range/go-kart track are the same as the 125cc shifter karts. ;)

I'm sure that they are still fun though.

Sal

absolutely correct...however, there is an oval "nascar" track and a road course. The competition is fierce. :thumb: No batting cage or putt-putt golf though. Would be nice if there were.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts