Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just came from visiting a new '02 Z06 at a local dealer which just came in this week. The driver's side door sticker said GVWR
is 3554 lbs. Subtracting the max cargo/passenger capacity weight of 399 lbs, the car itself should weigh 3155. I've seen very similar weight ratings on other Z06s and there's only a few pounds difference from '01 to '02, the latter weighing more.

Okay, that's what we already know, right?

The salesman goes to his files and proclaims "it weighs exactly
3045 lbs".

Apparently the dealers' get some sort of shipping document that states the "shipping wt." of each vehicle received.

I presume a shipped vehicle has little or no gas in the tank. Would that explain the lower weight "as shipped"?

Has anyone weighed their car with a full tank of gas? For those of you that have "build sheets" is there anything on there about shipping wt?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I believe gasoline weighs about 6 lbs per gallon, so 18.5 x 6, figure 111 lbs for a full tank. I think they come from the factory with a couple of gallons, 2.6 rings a bell for some reason.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Weighed my Z a couple of weeks ago. 3074 lbs with 1/2 tank of gas. Gonna do it again with a full tank sometime soon.

What was most interesting was the weights. LF = 827; RF = 838; LR = 710; RR = 698. Overall; F = 1666/54.2%; R=1408/45.8%

Becomes obvious that the best F/R balance is with a full tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts