Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just added some black hashmarks to my TR Z06. Felt like it needed "something" or maybe it was just to make it feel more at home next to the GS. :) Used vinyl decal as a test, cut down so that both stripes are the same width. I may eventually do it in paint once I decide on the exact width and angle I like best.

Opinions? Comments?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Looks great...

DJWorm said:
I have red ones on my Q/S. Ecklers has them for sale in various colors.
Oh yeh... red on QS has got to be nice. I like that combo.

Mine came from Eckler's, but I cut the leading edge hashmark to make it the same width as the other. Personal choice. I thought it looked odd otherwise.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Been toying with that idea. Are the ones you have on the same as the "original" 96 stripes, or just cut as you see 'em?

They look really cool,but would like to also see a daylight shot, just out of curiosity.:cheers:

Thanks,

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
daylight side shots

jnation -- Here are some photos in the daylight. Shot into the sun so a bit dark, but maybe you'll get the idea.

sigung86 -- These aftermarket decals are much wider than the '96 GS stripes with the leading stripe 1" wider than the other. I cut them down to match but think they may still be a bit too wide, need to move forward an inch, and slightly greater angle of attack.

IMA Z06 -- No worries. Each to their own. If I had an all original, pure stock Z06, I'd leave it that way. Probably. Well, maybe. For at least a week or so... :D

Ramjet -- No, the Viper kill stickers will go under the hood. ;)

-Hutch-
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Definately need more forward "lean" or angle;)
:cheers:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all for the feedback.

I think that once I get a consensus on stripe width, placement, and angle, I'll record the mods needed to "adjust" the mail order decals and make the info available to those interested.

Would kind of be the unofficial Z06Vette.com "approved" version... at least for those members who like the idea of hashmarks in the first place. The unimaginative need not apply. :D

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I photoshopped a picture of mine (torch red) with white stripes... didn't look to bad... might work with a blue one tomorrow. Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
IMA Z06 said:
Not my cup of Tea..................
I am not fond of the stripes. Never really liked them on the Grand Sports either. Be that is it may, I would like to see a little more angle( look how much they are angled on your GS). Gives it " more of a sensation of speed". Hey, if we all liked the same thing, we'd all have the same looking car(s).:D

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jayzvette said:
They Look good but leave them for the C-4's
Possibly you mean the C3's since those are the one's that had them first. The '96 GS was built as a tribute to the '63 factory Grand Sport racer.

I dunno... you guys are beginning to scare me. WAY too many purists and eliteists in this bunch, IMHO. Guess you don't go for the fuzzy dice either, eh? :lol:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Sorry bro, those stripes are not for me:)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hate to be the idea killer, but they're not for me. Spoils the natural line of the car IMO. No accounting for taste. You may think my GF is a pig :)

Just my $0.02.....g

1 - 20 of 23 Posts