·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is going to be the Z06 in 2003? Thanks

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Yes their will be. Their will be no 50th anv. addition Z but they will be a 2003 Z06. If I can help you with one please let me know.:D Orders will start around March.:)

G

·
Yes

But look for some very sweet 50th anniversary changes.

When I was at the museum, I was told that the anniversary edition has body changes as well. Hope they look ok.

My guess is an larger motor for the 03 Z06. Stroker motor. A moderate 20 HP gain, and body parts that may be the C6 styling preview.

JIm Hall

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking that instead of getting a 02 in April or May then just wait unil September or October and get a 03 Z06 with even moer hp and tq. :D I think an additional 20 hp and 15 tq is enough for me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow

Are you guys telling me, the Z06 will have more power and different (hopefully better) styling in 2003? Is this really true? Would the forum vendors be selling it at MSRP? Maybe I should wait for the 2003 model.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree with you, but, I will be a student next year. My situation is kind of unique because I can afford this car soon, but, not when I return to school. The Z06 will be my first real nice car. I have always been into motorcycles before. I have an R1 right now. But, the z06 has captured my interest so much that I am making the sacrifice of selling my bike for this awesome car. I'm planning on keeping it for a long time. I can't afford to keep changing cars all the time. If the new model comes out, then, I MIGHT rather take that.

·
Registered
561 Posts
That is true. You might also want to consider that if they do change the Z for 03' then perhaps you could get a discounted new 02' and keep your bike, or take the saved cash and mod the car. I had a bike before my Z also, a CBR 900RR, unfortunately I discovered it stolen when I got home from wiring money for a down payment on my Z. If I still had it I would have sold it soon after. Interesting and ironic how things happen sometimes.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Quick96 said:
I was thinking that instead of getting a 02 in April or May then just wait unil September or October and get a 03 Z06 with even moer hp and tq. :D I think an additional 20 hp and 15 tq is enough for me.
I doubt that the '03 Z06 will have a HP increase, I think for 2003 the emphasis is going to be on the Coupe and Convertable 50TH anniversary models.

carzzy

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
If GM feels they need to have a reason to get the '02 Z06 guys to trade for an '03 Z06, they MAY offer a new color, or modest hp increase. Personally, I think most Z06 owners are performance guys, so it would take hp/performance gains to get us to move in '03, and not just cosmetic mods.

I'm holding out for the bigger hp boost rumored to come in a couple more years.

Vince

·
Registered
803 Posts
SteveYelloZ06 said:

You can't always have the latest and greatest car, they are meant to constantly improve.
Why can't I? I have bought 23 new cars in the last 24 years. I missed 1980.

I thought the body and engine change was scheduled for '04 as an '05 model. Right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts