Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my fort post on this forum.. Just som info and a qestion.
Just picked up my new 06 Z06 yesterday. Velocity yellow - of course. GM ships 300 Z06:es to Europe and as far as I know they are all sold. Sweden alone gets 27 and they are all presold. I would say that the Z06 is extremely hot in Europe right now. A friend just picked up a new Gallardo and he was not happy after with did some roadtesting....
I ordered the same car from John Hall Chevrolet in Daytona Beach, Florida in December but canceled because the GM price in Europe is way lower than they sell for in the US plus import taxes over here. Remember import dutie is 10% in Sweden plus 25% sales tax. It varies within the European Union. Price on the road with european specs is around $100.000. Sounds steep but believe me - thats OK in this part of the world where taxes are beyond stupid.
I have a question: the mufflers are way too quiet. Who makes an exhaust system to match the performance of the car?? There is a lot of really hot cars in this region. Ferrari 430:s, Lambos etc. Hard to resist the idea of even more power! Has anybody tried a new cam etc in their LS7 as sudgestet in an article in Hot Rod Magazine.
Great car the Z06. If only GM made more cars like it!
Kjelle/Sweden

·
Registered
590 Posts
Congrats on the purchase of you new Z06 and welcome aboard the good ship z06vette.com...:z: Your going to love that car. A transport truck came through here the other day and it had 10 Corvettes on it. Three were for my dealership and the other 7 were Euro spec cars on their way to port for shipment to Europe. The car is in short supply here and even more so over in your country. You are one of the fortunate few sir. Keep the shinny side up and "the wave" alive. :thumb:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hey, Welcome to the site. Thats my local dealership, ahh I mean Stealership. They are marking them up still pretty significantly. I won't buy from that dealership again, had a bad experience with them and they did nothing. Good to hear you did not buy from them and was able to get it cheaper overseas. Congrats on the new Z and again welcome to the forum :thumb: I have an 04, so not able to answer your exhaust question, but I am sure new owners will chime in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys..
The price at John Hall Chevrolet was $84.000 and change total with tags, tax etc. The markup was $9.000. Could not buy on an MSO because of import rules in Sweden. Cars have to be titeld. Question. Was the normal dealer markup on Z06:s as of right now? Great car. I have a many cars in my garage incl. a Fe. Maranello. Nobody drools at the Maranello when they see the Yellow Z06, believe me! What a car!
Kjelle/Sweden

·
Registered
247 Posts
I would say that 9,000 premium is pretty good right about now. There was a post just the other day that an unbuilt one (dealership in Orlando) went for something like 18,000. That was just to pay msrp. Another one in the Orlando area went for about 20,000 above sticker. So, yeah 9k does not seem that high really.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Great to read about our European counterparts. Glad you were able to get your hands on one. It will probably be 2 -3 years before I do.:(

Welcome to the site Z-bro across the sea!:z:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Kjelle,
Congrats. Have you pulled the exhaust fuse? Do a forum search. If not the C6Z bros will be chiming in soon....

·
20,625 Posts
Congrats and Welcome Aboard!! :cheers: One of our supporting vendors (LG) has an exhaust switch that I bought and use. It allows the butterfly valves in the mufflers to be open all the time unless you want it closed (like for cruising due to the exhaust drone).

·
Registered
941 Posts
just pull the bottom right fuse and the butterfly stays open all the time, you can put a switch in to turn it off and on.

Congrats!

Dom

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Just wanted to say Congratulations on the Z and welcome to :z:
I'm not qualified to recommend anything, but I would ask that question of Lou at same place MSiska sent you. - LGM ... He's probably going to come up with a set of headers if he hasn't already ... :idea:
BTW ... I am still in contact with a guy there who was a foreign exchange student living with us in California-1977-78. Works for Lloyds and travels between Sweden and London.
:cheers:

·
Registered
164 Posts
like siska said,lg motorsports.also check their headers out and i hear they're coming out with a cam too.computer tune is very important also.i know your going to be very happy with your new z06.enjoy!

·
Registered
449 Posts
I just talked to a gentleman from Arizona taking a museum delivery next to mine and he was saying that two different dealers in Arizona were both asking $100,000 for units on the floor.

·
Registered
590 Posts
SMFCPACFP said:
They are - 30 a day. :thumb:

Hopefully someday there will enough to go around. :thumb:

You need to cut that number in half and subtract some..30 per day = 7500 a year..my guess is you will be lucky to see 3000 in 2006

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Steve Tillman said:
You need to cut that number in half and subtract some..30 per day = 7500 a year..my guess is you will be lucky to see 3000 in 2006
I am talking about going forward. The first year is always problematic. 30 is the number of engines thay can build each day, which is the constraining factor.

Hopefully those guys are getting more efficient and we top those numbers a bit. They are already above 4,000 units right now and should produce another 3,000, at least, in this production year, given no strikes. :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Kjelle: Welcome!!!!!! It is interesting to see how well this car has been received in Europe - a near breakthrough for an American product it seems.

:jammin:

BTW - I'm part Swedish and have had the pleasure to visit - although my trip was brief and business related. I had planned to come back some day to get a closer look.

:z:

Steve: The production rate is greater than 30/day (7500/y) now, and has been for some time. I've been to the engine plant and can confirm it was exactly 30/day in late November. Zippy's numbers are correct.

·
Registered
183 Posts
SMFCPACFP said:
I am talking about going forward. The first year is always problematic. 30 is the number of engines thay can build each day, which is the constraining factor.
The engine plant (Wixom PBC) is not the constraint. They were running only one shift to do this in November, and are building more engines today. At that time, the constraint was the carbon fiber front fenders - indeed at 30 sets/day. That source was running multiple shifts and was obviously struggling. That information was straight from Dave Hill when I was on a tour of PBC where he gave a Q&A.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
More on Z06 in Europe

I was just wondereing if there are any more "foreign" C6 Z06 owners on this forum? I would be interesting to hear their thoughts on the car! GM is trying to make a worldwide statement with the Z06 and have priced it at a very competitive level - to make it the best sportscar in the world for the money. Even the Germans are very impressed. A 2 valve pushrod engine that with a nice driveable low end and gobs of power - its a different world to Germans and Italians...
Jan Magnusson made a hugh impact when he drove the Blue Devil at Nurnberg Ring last fall. If you love serious road course driving check out this wild ride at the Ring. Its a little Radical sportscar with a Hayabusa motorcycle engine. He has done the lap in under 7 minutes
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2990770163894389660
If you ever want the thrill of your life drive a car around the Nurnberg Ring. Its a public road of sorts and you will be passed by cars going 200 mph. Scary!!!
Kjelle Power
:coo:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts