Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering leasing a Z06 that I saw today. I was wondering if anyone has experience driving their Z06 in the winter. I have a Jeep for really bad days, but would like to put snow tires on the Z06 to drive it as much as possible. Are there winter tires available for this car? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
You want to drive a 50K sports car in the snow in New Jersey? I think you may have fallen while climbing and hit your head on a rock. Ok, only kidding, but mine will be up on wood blocks for the duration of the cold months. Yes Goodyear makes a snow tread for the C5, saw it in a Corvette Fever Magazine a few years ago.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Sherylann and I drive our Z's 365 days a year regardless of weather. Hey...they can be washed without the paint coming off!!

In snow, the SC tires are pure crap. Like driving with slicks on. Don't know about other tires, but last Winter was highly unusual for St. Louis.

·
Registered
572 Posts
The engineers at Carlisle felt the car was good in snow, but I'm not so sure. I also don't intend to find out. As Frank said, the SCs suck in snow. The snow tires proexpert is talking about are for the regular C5s, and I'm not sure if they fit on our rims. Maybe someone else knows? Otherwise you would be looking for winter rims as well.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
We had 270" of snow last winter, 5" from our all time record.

The car is useless in serious snow. It buzzes and beeps from the traction control and active handling trying to compensate for momentary and constant traction loss. I tried it once for about 2 miles and gave up. Of course I was on my way to park it for the winter. ;)

In the winter I drive my other car:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Drive a Z06 in the winter?? Don't. Buy a beater mobile to drive in the winter if the Z is all you have. You will thank me later. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts