Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is the maximum(HP) you can run the stock Z06 injector's before upgrading to???
What type of injector are these stock injectors?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know???? Does anyone make more than 425rwhp with the stock injectors???

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Dont fret....you'll get an answer. You see....it's friday night. All the young Z owners are still out partying, and all the old Z owners are probably in bed :lol: As for me....I wish I could help you answer your question but I dont know the answer and....I'm going to bed :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
IMHO the stock injectors are barely adequate. I feel that a mod ie; head or cam requires an upgrade to an SVO30. I have seen these engines consistantly running in the 30/32 ms pluse width trying to get the proper mixture which equates to 100% duty cycle. They just don't spray good at that duty cycle.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Threed said:
IMHO the stock injectors are barely adequate. I feel that a mod ie; head or cam requires an upgrade to an SVO30. I have seen these engines consistantly running in the 30/32 ms pluse width trying to get the proper mixture which equates to 100% duty cycle. They just don't spray good at that duty cycle.
:yeadog: I was seeing 100% in EFI Live with just a Vararam and some LS1Edit tuning. Switched to SVO's, tuned it, 80% where it belongs.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, i don't know if i'm at 100% or 90% duty cycle. I'm sure or i guess my tuner would have saids something;But if one is at 90% or 100% duty cycle, will this affect the power out put??? I'm at 420rwhp and have not had any issue.
Now I thinking of the future and future mod's which will increase power down the road.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
At 420 you're good with the stock injectors. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Starting in '02 the Z06 injectors are scaled at 30lbs at 4 bar or 58lbs.
At 80% duty cycle this is good for 427 rwhp.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, so 80% is 427rwhp, I assume I'm ok up to 450-460?

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
jz06man said:
I have tuned 3 or 4 cam only Z06s with 440-460 rwhp with the stock injectors. If you dare to run at 100% duty cycle you can squeeze over 500.
This is N/A engines only.
The same 80% duty cycle for a s/c engine would be 349 rwhp and a turbo 320 rwhp.
This is what has worked for me.
My 42/48lb injectors were maxed out at 575 rwhp on my s/c engine.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
jz06man said:

I started to run out of fuel with the stock injectors around 460 rwhp...I upgraded to the 30# SVO injectors and I should be good for a while. When I add the nitrous...I'm going to have to change my fuel system or get really creative.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Speaking of nitrous- this is something on my radar screen.
I'm thing of doing a mild 50-75 dry or 75 wet. I've been told if i go with the wet, then I don't need to upgrade the injectors since the extra fuel come off the fuel line and not the injectors;However if i go with the dry-can the stock injector handle safely, this extra 50-75 dry... I know this is a small shot, but 500rwhp is enough for me until i get a 383 or a supercharger in a year or so.

I assume the stock fuel pump is enough for the wet shot????

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
case2307 said:
I started to run out of fuel with the stock injectors around 460 rwhp...I upgraded to the 30# SVO injectors and I should be good for a while. When I add the nitrous...I'm going to have to change my fuel system or get really creative.
Right in line with what I was saying, Case.
I put my figures together from info on different inj. mfgs web sites and it has worked well for me. I stepped up to 60lbr's but didn't get to dyno tune it before this last setback.

·
Registered
88 Posts
jz06man said:
Speaking of nitrous- this is something on my radar screen.
I'm thing of doing a mild 50-75 dry or 75 wet. I've been told if i go with the wet, then I don't need to upgrade the injectors since the extra fuel come off the fuel line and not the injectors;However if i go with the dry-can the stock injector handle safely, this extra 50-75 dry... I know this is a small shot, but 500rwhp is enough for me until i get a 383 or a supercharger in a year or so.

I assume the stock fuel pump is enough for the wet shot????
if i recall correctly there was someone who recently put a 100 dry shot on an 02 and it made right under 500hp. All that was done was the nx and colder plugs only.

I am looking to go this route as well, but a 75 dry, and really would like to hear the low down. Not a very cheap motor to replace.... :crazy:

·
Registered
65 Posts
injectors

Have run 440rwhp with no problem. With nitrous NX wet have 540rwhp with stock injectors and fuel system.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Buzz said:
Have run 440rwhp with no problem. With nitrous NX wet have 540rwhp with stock injectors and fuel system.
Buzz, is this a 75 or 100 wet shot?? What add on's do you have with this wet system(MSD switch, wot switch etc.)-How is the clutch holding up???
I've notice on hard launches and very hard up shifts-I can smell the clutch after the run..

To all: I wounder how long the clutch will hold up.. I'm not looking to replace the clutch until this one starts slipping. I've got 6K and hope she last till 12-15K.??? I hope... ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts