Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Z06 Interior, your votes please.

• I have the Black Interior.

Votes: 583 65.1%
  • I have the Black/Red Interior.

Votes: 247 27.6%
  • I will order with the Black Interior.

Votes: 33 3.7%
  • I will order with the Black/Red Interior.

Votes: 33 3.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for another poll....

I'd like to know who prefers the solid black interior and who prefers the Mod/Red?

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
If you look at the registry, you can get a good sampling of the split......solid has a substantial lead......

JC

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Interesting poll..thanks for posting this! I went with solid black for my E-blue interior because I thought a two color combo would look better than a 3 color....just my opinion.

Zippy :) :)

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Mod red with the Torch Red was just too good to pass up, I call it my "pimp" interior...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Z06 interior

I have the Black interior and prefer it. I only like the mod red interior on a red or black 06.

ZEDOH6:cool:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I like the modified TR interior because there is a lot of other red bits on the car to go with the same color theme.

There is red on the beauty covers, front and rear C5 & hood Z06 emblems as well as wheel center caps, brake calibers, instrument gauge pointers (actually orangish red), embroidery on the seat back head rests and of course red tail & brake lights.

I agree that the best exteriors to go with it are TR or black. I'm surprised the modified TR is not as popular on the new EBs. I think that would look quite elegant.

There is just something about red seats and lower trim panels under the dash and door panels that makes all color Z06s even more special in a visual sense. Those red beauty covers on the engine draw more attention to what's rather special under the hood just as the red seats do for the interior.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I switched. Went from Quicksilver with solid black to..........

Torch Red with the Bordello Red interior. Only ever saw one TR with Mod Red and it was in the GM booth at our local car show this past winter. It looked better in the flesh than it did in pictures, so I bit.

So far the only complaint came from my wife. Said she did not want to get into a Red car.

So, I said that's OK you don't have to get in. Well she did the other day. Her first comment was - why is this one so much louder than the last one ?

Guess that answer's the exhaust sound poll for the 2002's.

:eek2: :roll: :eek:

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I have gone with EB and Mod Red interior. I remember the mid 90s Grand Sports, some of which were blue with red interior and thought they looked unique. :)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Plain ole black here. Mod red is cool, but I thought it was a little much for an MY car. My .02.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The best option would be a modified interior in the same color as your exterior. THAT would be a sweet looking car in my mind.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I was very impressed with mod red that I saw in pictures. Somehow it ddn't look as good in person. Not that I had a choice but I ended up with black. Carbon fiber all around really helps out the interior.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
As JC said look at the registry. Cars actually have black interiors 2.19 to 1 in comparison to the mod red, so this poll doesn't quite represent what actual members have.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Z06 Black

I prefer the standard black interior. It's tastefully understated in a car that's overstated in just about every other way.

The mod red is a novelty, for sure, but in my mind the value is not much more than that. To each his own, if you've got, love it. :cool:

·
Registered
906 Posts
I tend to keep vehicles I really like for a long time ('89 Coupe: 8 years, Harley: 16 years...Honda GoldWing: 1.5 months!) ...so I wanted the black interior. As the years go by, I can keep the black looking good with Magic Markers®, shoe polish, model paint, etc. I fear the red bits would fade, not be easily touched-up (as paints & markers wouldn't EXACTLY match) leaving the interior looking worn. I also didn't feel I could still be in "love" with the 2-tone look for years & years. I DO plan to get a set of Wet Okole black/red Z06 covers for the AZ heat. Then I can have both interiors & change when I get tired of one or the other. HarleyB

1 - 20 of 230 Posts