Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my car back after 3 weeks in the shop w/ a broken clutch. All is better now and the drive-train is smooth and revs much much better with the match-balanced clutch.

The problem is I pulled it out of my garage two days ago to go to a buddys and it started running like shit. P0200 and P0300 popped up which are "fuel injector circuit malfunction" and "engine misfire detected" respectively.

I've been getting the P0200 for awhile but the car never misses a beat and I just clear the code. I'm having her re-flatbetted to the dealer on Sunday to get it fixed.

Anyone know what this could be? And can I drive it w/ the misfire? Will I do any bad damage? If it's a fuel (or lack of it) issue then I'll be fine, if it's a spark issue then I should just foul plugs right? I'd rather just drive it over to the dealer and leave it tomorrow (sunday)

The car feels rough and white smoke w/ a strong fuel smell comes out of the rear of the car. I took a long screw driver to each fuel injector yesterday with the engine running and all were firing (you can touch the injector w/ one end and put your ear to the other). I then touched (and burnt my fingers) each header primary and all were hot. So I don't know what's up.

I checked all the connections and didn't find anything loose. Anyone know anything else I could check or ever had these problems?

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a bunch! Glad I have an extended warranty.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Do a search on 0300 will will get lots of ideas.
The mech had to take the Headers lose when he did the clutch. So I'd look to either a cracked plug or a bad plug wire.

P0300: PCM determines that an emission type misfire present or determines that catalyst damaging misfire is present.
Potential causes are numerous, but include:
- restricted fuel filter
- running out of fuel
- excessive vibration from another source
A scan tool may be able to tell what cylinder is misfiring.

As for causes, they are numerous, shooting from the hip here based on things that could have gone wrong.
- fouled plugs
- loose plugs wires
- all of the above for MAP problem
- restricted fuel filter
- stock fuel injector (I had one stick open - noted by significantly reduced gas mileage and one bank of fuel trim significantly different from the other side)

- mechanical failure inside the motor

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I've been kickin an 0300 too. Changed plug wire, coil pack, plug, and fuel injector. Turns out I probably have burned up rings. Cylinder 7 is not holding compression, hence, the motor swap im about to do.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I printed out that whole sheet on the P0200 code and will take it with me in the car when I take it up tomorrow. The motor isn't damaged b/c it runs fine, I think it's a little glitchy thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts