Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold my 01 QS Z06 this week after owning it for over 4 1/2 years. It was a bitter sweet day selling a wonderful car that gave me so much enjoyment. As many of you have experienced, it is quite exciting modifying the car to make it even more special than it already is.

Having taken delivery back in August of 2000, it provided me and those few lucky others celebrity status. From VIP treatment at all of the car shows to leading parade laps around Daytona Speedway during the 2000 24 hours of Rolex and other events.

It also allowed me to meet and become friends with many great folks in the Z06 fraternity. I remember the first week, Jan 2001, of this site like it was just yesterday.

I hope all you current, former and future Z06 owners have the pleasure of owning such a wonderful piece of history as I have had. Good luck to you all!

Don

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Don we got our Quicksilvers at the same time and I'm sure you remember our meeting at Ecklers in Oct. of 2000.
There was just you and I and one other Z06 there.
Hope to see you in another one soon. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I certainly remember the Eckler's event back in Oct 2000. It was my first big gathering with the Z06. I could not believe the attention and excitement that it got. It was the first of many get togethers that you and I had. If I recall you had a reptilian passenger after the event.

How about the 2001 Rolex? Were we treated like stars or what? VIP treatment all the way around from the special parking to hanging out in the Allison Tower with folks like Dave Hill and Jim Browning. We led the parade lap to kick off the race. The C5R was the over all winner. It was one of Dale Earnhardt's last races. We got to meet the entire Corvette Racing team. It doesn't get a whole lot better than that.

Kicking off the Z06vette.com site was pretty cool and allowed us to grow the fraternity throughout the country. Our initial forum event at Eckler's in Oct 2001 with JC, Les, Frank and many others. We had over 30 2001 & 2002 Z06s, big jump from the year before when it was just you and I.

The Justin Bell driving school gathering was pretty cool too. About 10 of us Z06ers drove into Palm Beach to experience the Z06 racing and do the driving school. It was pretty cool having John Paul Jr. as an instructor, Justin was no slowch either.

I hope to get things in order soon and be in a new Z06 before too long. I am looking forward to getting back home to Florida. Thanks for the special friendship Tom. I look forward to seeing you, Les and the others soon. :thumb:

FRC Tom said:
Don we got our Quicksilvers at the same time and I'm sure you remember our meeting at Ecklers in Oct. of 2000.
There was just you and I and one other Z06 there.
Hope to see you in another one soon. :thumb:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
You will soon miss your Z06, Hope you get a new one soon. :z:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Hope you get another Z soon. Ireally love my 3000 mile red 01. Maybe someday I will have to part with it,but for now I will enjoy. Good luck :zboobie:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Don,
Nice summary of the ownership and forum experience. I've had many similar feelings and experiences. Hope you enjoy whatever you end up driving next as much as you did the Z06. :cheers:

·
Registered
878 Posts
been thinking about selling my 01 QS, but maybe i should take a 2nd thought-since i only have 21k mi on it,and i just added 1 qt of oil after 2k miles of recent driving, on new F1 tires -maybe i should keep it.. :-? other than the rocking seat, the car runs fantastic and never misses a beat.....
i sure don't have the $ for a new one-i mean i do, but i don't want to spend the money..will there ever be another hardtop Z ??? :zboobie:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I appreciate the comments. I hope others have had as good of experiences with their Z06s as I have had. I have been lucky to have made plenty of good friends along the way, which is what I cherish more than the car itself.

Over the years cars have come and gone. They are mainly just a source of entertainment. We should appreciate them when we have them but keep it in perspective that it is just a car.

Although my professional life in terms of employment have not gone as well in the past couple of years as they had in the years previously, I consider myself lucky. I was blessed with reasonably good health and the ability to have made good sound financial decisions. There are a lot of other folks that have it lot tougher than I have.

Good luck to all and remember to take time to appreciate what you have everyday.

:thumb:

Subdriver said:
Don,
Nice summary of the ownership and forum experience. I've had many similar feelings and experiences. Hope you enjoy whatever you end up driving next as much as you did the Z06. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts

Appreciate the sincerity in your comments about our Z06's. Best to ya, and hope you can get back into a Z soon.

Zrod

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
2001Z06 said:
I just sold my 01 QS Z06 this week after owning it for over 4 1/2 years. It was a bitter sweet day selling a wonderful car that gave me so much enjoyment.
Don -- I can see how selling your baby might have been "bitter," but "bitter sweet?" What was the "sweet" part? Hopefully there WAS something sweet in the deal that will hold you over until you've got another Z in the driveway.

:cheers:

-Kirk

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The guy that bought my car just recently retired from the US air force and buying my car was a present to himself. He was extremely excited and told me how much he was looking for a Z06 like mine. I knew from talking to him that he would take care of it and appreciate the car as much as I had. One comment he made before he drove off was,

"I hope I don't get cramps in my face from the huge smile I am going to be wearing for the 7 hour drive back home!"

I know that feeling and it only happens to some one who recognizes and appreciates what the Z06 means.

So, I was sorry to see the car go, but I know it has gone some place good. It is almost like sending your daughter off to be married.

Who knows what the future holds in store for us. If it should allow me to choose another special car, I am sure I will have as much fun with it as I have had with this one. There could be a new C6Z06 or something else down the road. You just don't know what's around the turn until you get there. Half the fun is the anticipation.

Don

KMeloney said:
Don -- I can see how selling your baby might have been "bitter," but "bitter sweet?" What was the "sweet" part? Hopefully there WAS something sweet in the deal that will hold you over until you've got another Z in the driveway.

:cheers:

-Kirk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts