Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..... as a driver! I went to a local Auto X today. The Z06 was 2 seconds off the FTofD by a fully race preped Mustang in C Modiified at 39+ sec. on AutoX Hoosiers. My Z06 best was a 41.135 in Super Stock on the stock F1's. 2 others in my class today: a Mazda RX7 Twin Turbo and a stock C5. Both my Z06 and the C5 killed the RX7. However the C5 was driven to its limits by a very experienced road racer on AutoX Hoosiers....and he came close at 41.837. However the Z06 made me look good. I have a new set 0f Hoosiers in the garage and most say they're worth another 2 seconds. That'll put the Z06 in the FTD range. Now if only this driver can keep up.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
DJWorm

Practice,Practice,Practice,Practice,

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
The Active Handling system can sometimes be the most underrated component on the car. Its a real (bacon saver). /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
345 Posts
This vette makes you look and feel like superman as long as that $.35 cent fuse keeps the active handling in there. I have purposely overdriven turns and it quickly cranks me back into control. AND the next gen system is supposed to blow ours away.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts