Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend Kerry just got his new M3. This is the first time I've seen one up close and personal. This is an awesome car! All I can say is :eek:

Don't give these guys any slack. If you hit the rev limiter a couple of times or miss a gear, they will pass you!

Expect some video clips in the near future ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
Nice pix Dan! I hear you on the M3, great ride. But the real BMW is the M5. I'm a Vette guy, I'll stick with my Z06!!

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'll take one of each

:D :D

Funny that my (wife's) M3 is red,
and my new Z (on order) is EB.

I should take a photo and you can give it to
your friend to confuse him ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
gmblack3 said:
Whats up smurf? :D
oh my god, that is one ugly ass color! it truely is smurf blue. what were the german design engineers thinking, and more importantly, what was your neighbor drinking?

:roll:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a '95 M3.....I know the new ones are much faster.....but man oh man ......my Z06 just feels so much better.....better ride.....better cornering......and still faster than the new M3 at less $.......but the '95 was AVUS BLUE...probably one of the most beautiful colors around......much better than smurf blue:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
FastGlass said:

oh my god, that is one ugly ass color! it truely is smurf blue. what were the german design engineers thinking, and more importantly, what was your neighbor drinking?

:roll:
Funny you should mention that... The Smurfs were originally a German gasoline commercial!:D

Dan "Constantly in search of enlightenment" Farmer

·
Registered
514 Posts
The more I think about it...

...the happier I am that I chose the Z over the new M3 (wife wanted me to get it because it's more "practical")

I agree, those M's are gorgeous, I've seen a few Convertable M's around here, very sexy. The corvette's design stylings and raw power beat it, in my opinion.

I agree with Z06phile, 333 ponies in those things. Pretty fast, very nimble.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Oh, and I forgot to mention Z06phile...

...Torch Red Rules!

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Beemer me up Scotty!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I agree with JTBear. I would rather have the M5. I've driven one, and I almost fainted. I mean, what better could you ask for...a 400hp 'family' sedan!! :) If you want your kids in the backseat to sit up and behave, just floor it. :D

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Nice shot. Hey, I like that color blue!

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
sigung86 said:

Funny you should mention that... The Smurfs were originally a German gasoline commercial!:D

Dan "Constantly in search of enlightenment" Farmer
Dan,

Do you know a lady named Z06YLADY?:lol:

Your closing sounds alot like hers.:D

·
Registered
928 Posts
Nice photo of two great cars, but that color.... there's a couple of M3s here in Enterprise, AL but I have the one and only ZO6 in the area as far as I know. The M3s are good looking cars, one is black, the other is dark green. Dark green car and I just happened to be together at a light the other day.
M3 driver: "What's ZO6 mean, that something you added?"
Me: "It's the alpha numerical regular production option package"
M3 driver: "What's the 405 HP behind it mean?"
Me: "That's 405 Horse Power".
M3 driver:"Come on, give me a break, they don't have that much... do they?"
Me: Well I saw it in Wal-Mart and decided it would look good on the car, so I bought it."
M3 driver: Laughing, "well it sure had me going."
Me: "Yeah, it's good for a laugh."
M3 driver: "I like that color though."
Me: "It's called Electron Blue."
Light turns green
M3 driver:" Well, catch me if ya can Mr. Vette."
Next light about 1/4 mile from the first
M3 driver: "What the hell does that thing have in it?"
Well, that was one surprised M3 driver, he somehow had missed reading the many automotive magazine articles about the ZO6.
Knowledge is power!
Stan

1 - 20 of 24 Posts