Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Top ten reasons why it SUCKS to live on the West Coast:

10. No 2002 Z06s yet at any dealerships. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

9. Dealers are ripping off Corvette buyers. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

8. Hardly see any Z06 on the road in the "sun shine" state. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

7. Leftovers and even "used" Z06s still marked up way over MSRP. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

6. Californians on avg pay 8% sales tax. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

5. Dealers refuse to host out of state deliveries. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

4. We pay a lot more for gas and it's still crap. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

3. Corvettes ordered take a week or two longer to get delivered. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

2. The NCM is 3,000 miles away. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

|
|
| <drum roll>
|
|

AND THE #1 REASON WHY IT SUCKS TO BE ON THE WEST COAST:

|
|
| <drum roll>
|
|

1. Great location if you want a real nice truck or sport ute. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
LOL, you hit the nail on the head man! That's priceless.G (way to many sporty-utes in LA!)I'd rather be hugging the street than being on a perch. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
183 Posts
Heeeey, I resemble that remark you guys. But I dont drive a SUV. Those are for yuppies. I drive a TRUCK (4x4)as they called them before these yuppies in their big houses who dont know anything about 4wheeling decided they wanted to start buying them (no offense to the guys on here who dont know anything about it and has one. too, /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif Now that I'm dont talking sh!t, I wish i had my Z06 cus my 79 blazer gets really sh!tty gas mileage. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

RedZ

·
Registered
64 Posts
It may be bad for people who want z06's on the west coast but is is much worse in canada.Allocations take forever to get assigned and delivery is even longer.Most dealers in my province will only get 3 or 4 z06's this year so waits can be very long.I am second on a list with a dealer who got 4 z06's last year and I am told my car could arrive as" early as november".now is it really so bad in california.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I'd have to agree with you guys, I don't think that I'd live on the "left" coast for anything. Here in the Mid-West gas is as cheap as anywhere in the country, cars are reasonably priced, and we don't have more nonsense laws than the former communist regimes!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Guess I feel fortunate living in the Seattle area to get a 2002 Z06 (Electron Blue) for MSRP, and will take delivery the first week of September /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. I know almost all the big city dealers are going to be marking them up. Where theres alot of people and money they can get away with it.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
And that is why so many of us West Coasters are buying cars out of the East! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
136 Posts
I like CA, and if your fortunate enough to get a current model Z06 below MSRP life is good. Life is good..... except for the shitty gas @ $2 a gal. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif Z06 in transit, delivery on monday? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Bob

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
All your reasons for the West Coast sucking do not trump the reason it rocks: California Girls!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif Come to the corn fed beef capital of the world (Minnesota) and you will see why we are depressed around here.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I am from CA but the Navy now has me on the east coast.
I can't believe the horror stories you guys post about the CA dealers. I'd be buying from the east, flying out on Southwest, driving it back and breaking it in on the way, and still coming out way ahead!!!
Ffen

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
They fly into Atla. a couple of time a month. I pick them up at the airport and they have a real nice ride back. A guy from Riveside Co. was there Sat. Should be on his way back. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

[email protected]

·
Registered
186 Posts
Shop around and you'll find a dealer that will take a drop ship or just do a NCM delivery.
Getting my EB for MSRP from Bay Area Dealer,

·
Registered
670 Posts
Can't beat the CA weather either! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I agree with the Dealer Ripoffs in this state!... Santa Rosa Chevrolet was selling an '01 for $15,995 over MSRP!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

Currently working with a dealer in PA who will sell me an '02 for MSRP. Done deal.

Ps. There are two Z06's in my town. A MY and a QS... also work with a lady who's husband just bought an '01 a few months ago and was able to get a ride... what a car! Can't wait to get mine........ /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
How is the electric power situation? I remember all of the dire summer predictions, but I haven't heard a word about it in months. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
282 Posts
I agree with Blue Z06, you gotta shop around. The local dealer here in Reno wants $12K over MSRP on 2001 Z06's, so I just went to gmbuypower and shopped around and placed my deposit with a Utah dealer who's gonna sell me a 2002 for MSRP or less and has a much larger allocation than the crappy local one.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

On 2001-08-13 09:54, SMFCPACFP spewed forth this drivel:
How is the electric power situation? I remember all of the dire summer predictions, but I haven't heard a word about it in months. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

The governor and legislature solved that problem. When the price of power was $225 per megawatthr, they wrote long term contracts at $125. Now there is a glut of cheap power and we are selling our "excess" power at something like $5. So we buy at $125 and sell at $5. We are going to make it up in volume...volume of additional taxpayer donations. Stiil, we get to drive em year round! jerboa /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
2,343 Posts

On 2001-08-13 15:52, jerboa spewed forth this drivel:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD>Quote:</font><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR><TR><TD><BLOCKQUOTE><B>
On 2001-08-13 09:54, SMFCPACFP spewed forth this drivel:

The governor and legislature solved that problem. When the price of power was $225 per megawatthr, they wrote long term contracts at $125. Now there is a glut of cheap power and we are selling our "excess" power at something like $5. So we buy at $125 and sell at $5. We are going to make it up in volume...volume of additional taxpayer donations. Stiil, we get to drive em year round! jerboa /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
</B></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR></TABLE>

This goes along with one of my mentors (Milton Friedman) views of government. "Think of the worst possible thing that could happen at a particular point in time - that is what government will do". He said he invested using that philosophy.

Thanks for the update.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.