Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dennis,

Welcome to the Forum!!

I think whichever system you decide upon will make you very happy. Vortex, Haltech, MTI are all bottom breathers. Anyone of these systems will wake your Z up. As far as which is better?? I doubt if there is more than a couple horsies difference.

The TRIC system is definitely a first class looking system, but its a little pricey. I chose the Vortex because I thought I was getting the same bang for less bucks.
And on top of that, everytime I get a go-fast mod, the wife wants one too.

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
I run the Donaldson and cold air cover from TPIS on mine. DRM had good dyno results with this setup on my car. Stick with it and get the cold air cover (only about $70). You'll make every bit of the power that the Tric and Vortex make, maybe even more as the Donaldson flows the most air, at least that's what I've read.

------------------
01 Z06-- Quicksilver, modified torch red interior, DRM long tube headers, cam, CNC heads, 11 to 1 compression ratio, Donaldson LS6, Corsa Indys, Euro tail lights, B&M Ripper
396 rwhp, 377.1 rwt Minneapolis,Mn
Ron M.

D

·
0 Posts
Hello. I am looking at modifying my Z06 starting with the intake. Ihave a Donaldson with an adapter from my 99, but have been seeing some super claims from halltech and others. Can anyone shed some light on this Dennis

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rippied,
I also am running the Donaldson, and have wondered about turning it into a cold air system,, I like the idea of the TPIS cover?
where can I find one of these ???

------------------
2001 Torch Red ZO6 , Donaldson, B&M Ripper, PIAA Fogs, Bilstiens,
Kenisis 18" Black & Polished wheels, Lowered 1+"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts