Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any items (standard equipment or extra cost options) that you feel are not necessary and could do without?

Ok, I'll be first...dual zone temp control. Dual zone control in a two seat car? Hello?

Memory is another one I think could be eliminated.

Twilight Sentinel, falls in the same category as memory...nice on a Cadillac, but I think Vet owners know enough to turn their lights on at night.

How about you?

Zippy

Red/Black Z, 4 days old

------------------

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Wow,

I always think of this question from the opposite point of view; what options I don't have that I want.

Rather than wait I grabbed the first Z06 available on the lot. I would have taken all the options if it had them. What I miss though is the memory seat option and the monochromatic mirrors.

I hate having to re-adjust the seat. As HarleyB mentioned you can never get it back just right after another driver. Dual Zone heating is great also. I can adjust the heat/AC to my taste and the passenger then can modify their zone to suit them if needed.

BSMs? I like them and added them after purchase. However, I could live without them just as easily.

------------------
Kevin D.
T/R Z06 with mod Red/Black Interior.

·
Registered
175 Posts
BSMs. I can live w/o them and I am living w/o them. Car looks cleaner w/o them, IMHO. I have all the other options and like them all.

I could, however, probably live w/o the front license plate frame, but I don't think the state of Maryland would let me.

------------------

·
Registered
217 Posts
You got twilight sentinel on your Z?????

------------------
Paul
#13 and President, Torch Red Corvette Club, Texas Chapter
CAGS, V1, Plate,
Momo shift knob, Red/Black WheelSkin,
Vortex, Clear Euros with blink-blink,
Decals, APC bulbs

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No... I had twilight sentinel on a 99 vert that I bought after someone turned it down, therefore I didn't have a choice on that individual option. I should have made my original post clearer, I meant on the regular Vet models.

Zippy

------------------

·
Registered
906 Posts
I like both Memory & Dual Zone. I have had them in my Jeep GC for 2 years. I like the A/C on, wife wants the heat on. I am almost a foot taller, and after my wife takes the car, I could never get the seat back to the exact same way I had it. And just try telling her she can't drive the Z. This same argument almost caused a divorce with my last Vette. (That is ONE option I CAN'T afford!!!)

HarleyB (the twilight sentinal I agree is worthless)

------------------
'73 Silver Roadster -gone
'89 Red Coupe -gone
'01 Quicksilver Z06 -coming (YEEEHAAAA)
'01 SLK320 Silver 6-Speed -Wife's vert/coupe

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm with you Harley! At least we know who "rules" the roost!
I definitly couldn't afford the "D" option - the wife is an attorney!

As for the car options, my wife was always closing the vents on her side of the car because she was cold... I'll keep the "dual" system..

As for the memory option, I'm the only that drives it so I could have done without it. It was part of the allocation and the dealer told me that once a TPW is "set", you can't change the options. No biggie.... doesn't cost much anyway.

------------------
If you have to drive, do it in a C5.
Delivered 1/19/01 - Z06 Quicksilver/Black
Nickname - "Silver Bullet"
Installed - custom license plate, exhaust plate, B&M Ripper, Flameball, CAGS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts