Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In daily driving,i.e.not racing, is the new Z06 appreciable differant than the L6, Z51 with 6-speed.It seems that at the limit is when the Z reaches it's potential, and below redline is not that much better than the normal 6-speed. I'd like a convertable, but the performance of the new Z is tempting if, in fact, it can be used below all out racing conditions.
Any comments??

many thanks.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Get the Z06... if you miss the open air, call Carravagio.

They can make you a convertible Z06. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'll bet you won't think alot about not being able to drop the top. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Get the Z for sure...TRUST ME, you WON'T regret it!! It rides so smooth and handles like a charm. Just my opinion though. There both great, but I don't really like any convertibles with the top up; on any car! If they made a hard top convertible, thats a different story then.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

I think we have a biased croud here. Probably not a good place to ask which is better, but I say get the Z06. The wife and I drive ours 365 days a year. They are a GREAT daily driver. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
162 Posts
I own a Z06 and I think that it is the best performance deal out there. However, I would say that it would not be an unwise choice to get the convertible. I drove through the California wine country last weekend and I wished that I had a convertible to cruise in because the weather was great. I'm into racing so I got the Z06.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I do not know if I would be happy without a convertible Vette, if you never owned one (this is my first after 4 coupes) you will not understand, at this point I will have a Z06 and a convertible, the best of both worlds.

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Make sure it's YOUR decision and go for it. They are both great VETTES.

<== Click for Black_Magic Home Page

·
Registered
561 Posts
You went on a Z06 forum and asked whether you should get a Z06 or some other car. Thats like going to a teams home stadium and asking the fans who you should cheer for. Something to think about. In any case, the convertable is different (not better) than the Z in one and only one way. It's top goes away. The Z06 is superior in every way other than that, which is simply a matter of preference. It even costs less usually.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I was in the same situation when I went shopping for a new Vette. I was going to trade in my 92 LT1 conv for a new 2001 Conv. But, after one look at the Z06, I decided to go with the Z06 for performance reason. I didn't get much convertible time here in TX anyway, so I don't miss it that much. The good thing is, I kept my 92 conv. The bad thing is, it's just sitting in the garage and costing me $$ for insurance.

If I have to trade in my 92 conv, I still would trade it and pick up the Z06, not the new conv. I'm glad I did the right thing because I love speeds, and never felt safe speeding in a convertible.

JMHO, your situation may be different. Just can't have it all. If we are all as rich as Carl, then we can just buy both.......

Good luck

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have owned Vettes for 27 years. I still have a nice number of them in my toy box, but I can tell you having driven a number of C5 convertables, that if you are buying a driving machine the Z06 IS THE ONLY VETTE TO OWN! The performance, handling, the raw torque and the overall drivability of the machine is absolutley unbelievable! Don't get me wrong the C5 convertable is a great car...but the ZO6.....WOW!

I have had mine almost two months and have a little over 2000 miles on it. Their have been days when all I wanted to do was spend all day driving in the Z06.

I was going to order a C5 coupe when I took a used Z06 for a test drive. That totally changed my mind!

Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Unless its a Garage Queen /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif, I don't need a leaky roof!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

S

·
0 Posts
No kidding paintdog, there are 2 C5 convertibles in my neighborhood, yet I have only seen 2 Z06's in all of Indianapolis crusing around....

Where have all the Z06's gone? Garage Queens?

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
1,991 Posts

On 2001-07-27 13:55, ddle spewed forth this drivel:

I was in the same situation when I went shopping for a new Vette. I was going to trade in my 92 LT1 conv for a new 2001 Conv. But, after one look at the Z06, I decided to go with the Z06 for performance reason. I didn't get much convertible time here in TX anyway, so I don't miss it that much. The good thing is, I kept my 92 conv. The bad thing is, it's just sitting in the garage and costing me $$ for insurance.

If I have to trade in my 92 conv, I still would trade it and pick up the Z06, not the new conv. I'm glad I did the right thing because I love speeds, and never felt safe speeding in a convertible.

JMHO, your situation may be different. Just can't have it all. If we are all as rich as Carl, then we can just buy both.......

Good luck

ddle, that really hurts. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif Well not that much./phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
1,991 Posts

On 2001-07-27 15:51, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
Unless its a <B>Garage Queen
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif, I don't need a leaky roof!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I drove my car today for the record. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif If that was directed to me, as I know it was, stop being cheap and buy a place with a garage. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

</B>

·
Registered
528 Posts

On 2001-07-27 17:21, hcvone spewed forth this drivel:

ddle, that really hurts. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif Well not that much./phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I hope you are taking it as a joke Carl... I just didn't know how to make one of those smilies.....

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
ddle, of course I took it as a joke, unlike Franks personal attack against me. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts

On 2001-07-27 18:01, hcvone spewed forth this drivel:
Unlike Franks personal attack against me. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif You've been drinking too much Zaino!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Mr Bone:

Tough choice to make.... but my vote goes for a Z06! I had two C5 verts, and it was a tough choice for me last year, but I never regret going with the Z06!

Just do it!

BTW, welcome to the forum! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

1 - 20 of 24 Posts