Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that alot of people are concerned with how snug the partition we manufacture fits in their car when they add a trunk mat.

This concern has been taken into account ,but is not as big a deal as some make it out to be on this and other forums.The gap in the middle of the partition will not change enough to cause any problems.Ratt Mobile 3 along with many others have a convertible loyd designs mat in theirs and have had no complaints to me about the doors shutting improperly.

As far as making it to snug , the increased pressure is only in the corners if you look closely in some of the pics .

Carpeted versions- If a vendor of my product feels the need for
carpet on both sides , we will custom make one on an individual basis.Just call them and ask for it .We have done a few Red ones
and also do convertibles now in OEM colors.

Installation for large guys- Your best bet is to go down to your
local car audio shop and ask one of the installers or sales people
there if they can mount these 2 snaps in the location specified,It really helps to have a buddy holding up while one guys marks the hole location.Also a 90 degree angle drill by makita makes it a 5 min install for a good installer. Its might be worth $20 as a tip.

For Locals just come by and I will put it in for free.972-768-9666
[email protected]/[email protected]

Thanks

:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for the reply Andy. I guess what I'm hearing you say is that a Lloyd's or Stratmosphere convertible cargo mat WILL fit underneath the partition and not hamper closing of the car doors. Is that an accurate interpretation?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I always thought that the partition would look better in the Z with carpeting on both sides. I've been wondering if they would start making them this way, but you say I could special order it this way? What's the extra charge for this?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NO EXTRA CHARGES - When you order it ,It might take a week longer.(Special order )

·
Registered
181 Posts
Andy,
Didn't hear from you regarding the question below. Here's another angle on the same issue...Does the convertible cargo mat fit underneath the partition or does the cargo mat fit in the trunk space created by the partition?

Thanks.

02BlueZ06 said:
Thanks for the reply Andy. I guess what I'm hearing you say is that a Lloyd's or Stratmosphere convertible cargo mat WILL fit underneath the partition and not hamper closing of the car doors. Is that an accurate interpretation?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I will be installing one in Sherylann's Z within the week. We will do a Product Review along with pictures of the install process.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Installed the partition the evening we brought "baby blue" home from our Museum Delivery. I am 6'2", 210 lbs and was able to use a rechargeable drill to get the job done. We put some newspapers on the floor underneath the partition, and with the aid of my wife, maneuvered it into place. As she pushed on the partition from inside the car, I was able to mark the spots accurately for drilling. Total time to install - less than 15 minutes.

Although the exhaust on the '02 sounds awesome, we still wanted a true trunk, and some interior noise reduction. The following day we trekked about 100 miles up to the Carlisle show and the car was noticeably quieter inside while the radio sounded 50% better.

This is a very worthwhile improvement IMHO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts