Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.ncrs.org/southwest/c6z06.htm

Initial thoughts:

- New Coil type evident (actually these round ones from the truck line are the preferred ones by racers)

- Dry Sump Oil Lines spaning a space that low, even though protected in the front by the engine cradle give me the hibbie jibbies. They could get snagged and ripped off in an off course excursion.

- Inlet for front brake duct in bottom (underneath) outside panel of front fascia is really not exciting. Looks nicer in C6.

- Extra ducts in front splitter are a suprise. What do they vent to ??

- Rear mount battery is adequately covered. I wonder if there is adequate access ??

- I will definetly loose the CATs and install LT Headers and high flow CATS in a more aft position.

- Heavy mufflers and bulky looking mufflers are history. I will install a custom 3" Corsa Titanium Race system.Save weight and increase HP

- New Halltech Stinger with Ram for the Z06 is appropriate.

- Brakes and wheels look BOSS however I worry about the cross drilled rotors on the track. I see cracks & pieces and shredded rotor everywhere.

- 2 pan drains evident.

- Would like to see detailed pics of Tranny and Engine Oil Cooler(s)

- Would like to see more direct exterior shot of hood scoop inlet and more detail on where and how it exits into the engine compartment or intake.

- NO pics of top or bottom of Dry Sump Reservoir !!! What were you thinking ??

·
Registered
806 Posts
Great pics! :thumb: Is this a privately owned Z06 or just a GM show car?

·
Registered
203 Posts
DJWorm said:
- New Coil type evident (actually these round ones from the truck line are the preferred ones by racers)
The GenIV truck engines have coils from 2 different suppliers. The coils in that picture are the ones made by Delphi. I think they are higher output (more energy) than the coils from Melco. I'm glad to see something I've worked on is going on the new Z06.

·
Registered
221 Posts
thats HOTTTTT. Oh and to address one of your concerns, if a rotor cracks or breaks, just by NEW aftermarket rotors. Problem solved.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
DJ

Thanks for the pics Bro :thumb:

Only thing, just can't see any upgrade that is always brought up about the interior. Looks pretty much the same as the 01-04 Z's, which i never had a prob with myself.

Jack

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. I see the car is supported fore/aft as it should because these cars will droop/sag when in the air.

My 67 BB Coupe a perfect example. You could actually see the front end sag if the car wasn't supported. Just something to keep in mind if you have these cars in the air for extended periods of time. :usa:

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Great pic's
I'm starting to like the C6 more and more :sneaky:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Nice :D

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
george said:
Thanks for the pictures. I see the car is supported fore/aft as it should because these cars will droop/sag when in the air.

My 67 BB Coupe a perfect example. You could actually see the front end sag if the car wasn't supported. Just something to keep in mind if you have these cars in the air for extended periods of time. :usa:
Actually, the C5 and C6 chassis are so stiff they bear no resemblance to your 67. At the track, I have jacked my 04 Z up on one side high enough to lift both wheels off the ground to change tires many times and nothing squeaks or deflects at all. I can jack it up on the side or lift the entire front or rear by jacking on the cross-members and spreading the weight with a 2 x 4 situated on the jack. This new Z should be even more stiff, I suspect, because of its intended use.

I suspect the braces in the pics are to make sure the Vette doesn't slide off the rack and kill a few folks and ruin the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
OK, so not being terribly familiar with all the components and stuff, and not having looked underneath a lot--the leaf springs are the black composite looking flat pieces between the two wheels, spanning the whole width of the car, right?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts