·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We can do it. We have to let them know. The Company needs us and we want the cars at a good fair price. Or there is going to be a lot of them sitting around because they priced them out of the market. The C5 Z06 is the best corvette I ever owned.

I want GM to come back from JUNK status with the S&P and hope to help. Keep the price down. :thumb:

·
Registered
695 Posts
After entering all the requested data, I did not have my VIN number and my input was discarded. What a waste of time, attempting to communicate with these idiots, only to be refused since I could not prove current ownership. :flaming: :cen:

I guess the fact that all my vehicles are GM, and that I have owned 6 Vettes, and 2 currently, just does not matter. Typical management stupidity. I guess the only folks whose opinion counts can spout off their VID number off hand. :bs: :crazy:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Sent the following:

I have had a deposit on a 2006 C6 Z06 since September 2003 at RAMP Chevrolet. PLEASE DO NOT OVER PRICE THE C6-Z06 INTO EXTINCTION LIKE THE ZR1. I currently own a 2003 C5 Z06. If pricing is not set at a value attainable by the core group of Corvette owners, (Working men and women) your gala introduction of America's newest, fastest, sports car, will be a flop. Then sales will lag, customers will walk away from their contracts or wait on dealers to drop prices to reduce inflated inventory, dealers will get upset, and in the end the sticker prices will drop. Only AFTER the damage has been done. It is your choice to make the introduction of the best built, and fastest Z06 yet...just that, the BEST. It is all about the $$$$.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
George -- I told them to charge you double!

-N

·
Registered
590 Posts
bean counters rule

The bean counters rule the world!! They know what they are going to price the car at. The folks that I have talked to at GM tell me $66K-$67K for base car (1LZ) built like C5 Z06 and $71K-$72K for the upgraded car with all the fluff a real hot rod doesn't need (2LZ) ..so if you were looking at a 2LZ car with the polished wheels and navigation and in a premium color you be looking at probably $71K-$72K for a list price. I really doubt that GM is going to do anything about the price of this new car by the responce on this forum. I wish they would but I know better.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TdZee:

I don't understand why you had to put a Vin in. I didn't. Wasn't even asked. Try again, just click on the address in my first thread/comment and check the last box and then the next page just your name and e-mail address plus comment. Then wrote in my comments to keep the price friendly to their loyal following etc. Make it short or they won't read it.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Steve Tillman said:
I really doubt that GM is going to do anything about the price of this new car by the responce on this forum. I wish they would but I know better.

Yeah, for some reason GM has a lot of trouble hearing us sometimes. :eek::

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GM has no choice they have to sell cars period. For each car sale $1600.00 goes to the UAW pension fund. CNBC this morning. I new the UAW pension plan was costing GM but wow.

Voice your opinion, we can do it. It's our bread right? :z:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
GM needs to sell cars...at a profit. I do not mind what GM does as far as sugg retail--whether it is 65 or 70 or 75 or 80K. We all know the "suggested" retail price is just that. GM gets paid some sort of wholesale price by the dealer, who then sets the retail price for us far from GM's control. The dealer is the problem and to some degree the solution. You'll see these cars at a huge premium early, and there is really not much GM can do about it. They've already been paid their wholesale price by the dealers' floor plan line of credit.

GM is in deep financial trouble. They need volume and profits. I wish them the best. Warts and all, they are my US car company and I do not want Toe-effing-yota to become the biggest market share car manufacturer in the US. My dad fought in the Pacific in WWII for this?

Maybe the idiots at UAW will wake up an smell the coffee and help GM fashion a more competitive cost structure--and soon.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GM shells out $1600.00 per unit to the UAW pension fund. CNBC.
That's nuts. No wonder they are S&P rated junk. I hope to help them out with another GM purchase but they have to keep the price sane.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Well I did send my comment to GM. Surprisingly, I got a call from a GM rep 10 minutes ago - to let me know that they have received my comment/suggestion and that they appreciate the feedback.

Did anyone else get a call from GM?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got an e-mail back. I feel if we voice our opinions on pricing they will listen. They have too. Every Z06 means another $1600.00 to the UAW pension plan. I'm pro union but a union that puts it's bread and butter out of business isn't smart.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
SexyLex said:
Well I did send my comment to GM. Surprisingly, I got a call from a GM rep 10 minutes ago - to let me know that they have received my comment/suggestion and that they appreciate the feedback.
Did anyone else get a call from GM?
Me too. But she still would not tell me the price. Although she did say that they have determined the MSRP but have not released it yet. Who knows, but she seemed genuine and she did let me pontificate to her for 10 minutes.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I received a phone call form their customer service. Said the same about the MSRP. I explained my concerns. The lady indicated that the information we are sending is being directed to those in GM Corvette Management.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Keep it up guys. It sure can't do anything but help. We all want to see GM survive. It's up to GM to be fair. Our input is being listen noticed.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts