Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some new info today about the Z06 ordering and pricing info. I am now told that this info should be announced by the end of this month. The Coupe and Convertible info. will not be available until the end of June because of the extended production run. We are getting very close now.:)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
GM sucks! Jerking everyone around for so long on the pricing! Just so they can make an eleventh hour decision on how much profit to make per unit! These cars have been around now for quite some time so fixed costs to GM well known!

No wonder they (and Ford) are now reduced to "junk" status!

Pretty soon, you will be able to consider your `vette a lost brand and keep it in your garage next to your Delorean, your Bricklin, your Citroen, your MG, your Panhard(!!!), your Desoto, and your Olds!! :bang:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I agree. I'm telling you, this car is going to be priced high, and if it isn't, I'll be shocked.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
This is not unusual. In the past the new model prices were not released until the first week of July which is when the order can actually be placed in the system.

I know the price and details for the 2001 Z06 were not made available until July 2000. I would not be surprised if there is no final price released until the end of June or beginning of July this year. If my memory serves me right, the final price increase for the 2002 models was not known until the summer of 2001. I wouldn't be too quick to accuse them of "playing" games. It's the way it has always been.

There's no correlation between GM's bond or borrowing status and the pricing information. For all that matter, there is no connection between the stock price and product pricing.

defender said:
GM sucks! Jerking everyone around for so long on the pricing! Just so they can make an eleventh hour decision on how much profit to make per unit! These cars have been around now for quite some time so fixed costs to GM well known!

No wonder they (and Ford) are now reduced to "junk" status!

Pretty soon, you will be able to consider your `vette a lost brand and keep it in your garage next to your Delorean, your Bricklin, your Citroen, your MG, your Panhard(!!!), your Desoto, and your Olds!! :bang:

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Thanks Rick! Looking forward to the announcement.

I believe it will be appropriate for what the car is without a doubt!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts