Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems a common theme is the most recent thread have been the quality problems with the Corvette and first year "Lemonmobiles".

I just wanted to throw out a few thoughts for comment. No particular order to this.

-JD Powers gave the C5 its award for best in initial quality.

-The 1997 C5 had the lowest number of first year problems of any (Completely redesigned) "New" car introduction.

-I've personally owned Mercedes, BMW's, and Audi's, and my experience with my daily driven C5's (I've owned 2) have been significantly better than any car I've ever owned.

-The paint is horrible

-I love the C5 interior. It looks and feels businesslike and I believe the interior design will still look fresh when the C6 interior will be dated.

-I will be buying the first Black C6 Z I can find at MSRP but I'll be keeping my C5 Z. (I never wanted to keep a car before)

-No matter how good chevy makes the Corvette, the perception will be that the Porsche (insert BMW, Audi) will have better quality.

-What the heck is "Gotta Have It Factor" to do with rating cars?

-C6 Z06-I "Gotta Have It"

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
The new C6 Z06 will be the new King, crappy paint and Ricey interior standard equipment. :lol:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I'm gonna order mine primered and send it out to Vinnie's for a quality paint job when she comes in....... :pp: Can do some mod upgrades on the interior later. :crazy:

Bob

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'll take your crappy paint and ricey interior and raise you one. I bought a sports car - not a livingroom couch or a Rembrandt. You want interior furnishings and art, go to a furniture store or an art gallery. You want the mightiest sports car you can buy for a dollar you need a ZO6 (or any Vette for that matter).

My Z may not have the absolute most perfect paint job on Earth or the most elegant interior or Earth, but I fear no other machine where it matters - on the road. Keep your pampered, over refined luxo barges in the garage where they belong. Real cars get driven - in the rain - when there is dirt on the road - and even get an occasional bird dropping on them.

Still the Legend! Corvette!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts