Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI, Nice forum!

I would appreciate some opinions on my situation.

Sent out some feelers to local dealers, looking for an 02 Z06. Dealer calls and we agree on a price over the phone ($468XX) Drove over to take the test drive, get in car and start it up. Sense the car is not BRAND NEW. Start driving and see a cell phone and some sunglasses inside the car. Can't see the milage for the life of anywhere on the guage area:) Finally ask the sales gal"whats the millage?" turns out the car had almost 500miles. "sales manager has been driving it for a few days" she says. How would you all feel about this? The car looks nice, no scratches but has swirl marks, appears to have had some use rather than a 0 mile car that I expected. I told them I was disapointed in the car having that kinda milage and said I needed to think about it. Opinions/Advice please.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Danm that's got high miles. You should be able to do that price or better for a brand new 0 mile car.:cheers:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
It looks like Rick Daniel, supporting dealer, is offering that price on brand new 02s. I certainly wouldn't buy one of these that had been driven around by a sales manager. Who knows if the break in procedure was followed. If it were my money, I'd contact one of the supporting dealers and get a new one. FYI, mine had 3 miles on the odometer when I got it.
Aloha,
Ffen

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Jason at Ross Downing is your closest Forum dealer, even though I didn't buy mine thru him,(timing thing), he was very prompt and courteous in my dealings with him.

Here is the link....good luck, and welcome!

http://www.rossdowningchevrolet.com/

:cheers:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Personally... I wouldn't buy it. I just ordered a brand new Z06 for $46xxx.00 which will be built next week. :D

Jeez, 500 miles :eek:

Order new, it's worth the wait! :cheers:

·
Registered
666 Posts
NO WAY!!

The forum vendors will do about the same for a BRAND NEW car. I would never buy a demonstrator, just like buying a used car from HERTZ, you don't know how it was taken care of. Yes it will have a warranty, but if they ran the dog S*** out of it for the first 500 miles without proper breakin you will be spending time in the shop.

Call Bob Benedix one of our forum vendors..........

Rod

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That was pretty much how I felt. I think it was a bit deceptive, they never once let me know it was a demo. I will look for a Z at the dealer you guys have mentioned. Just wanted to make sure I was not being to picky. Get this, the dealer basically admittted to price fixing in the Dallas area. Said all the dealer are in agreement on $5000 over invoice. and what a great price that was. She then joked about it being an Anit-trust thing, haha. Guess what, my wife is a lawyer with the Dept. of Justice,anti-trust division!(no joke):bang:

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
CANTEX said:
She then joked about it being an Anit-trust thing, haha. Guess what, my wife is a lawyer with the Dept. of Justice,anti-trust division!(no joke):bang:
Now that is funny! :lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hope youve got the juice!!!! PUt it to em; these car peddlers are all FOS. I just got my Z from Bill Jacobs Chevrolet Joliet Il. Paid em full price 48700 with the 2002 rebate. Car had 48 miles. they finally delliverd it in Portland a week adn a half later. I drive it one day and figured out syncros are bad in 2nd gear. Now going in next week for tranny replacement.Not only that they sold my loan to Chase Manhattan Bank instead of GMAC. GMAC is what I asked for I didnt care but they didnt consult me.. Then they sold the car as a back haul to a shipping company who drove it on a car trailer all over the country before delivering it adn of course it was working fine when they released to the shipper. Just to say it doensnt matter how much you pay nobody is going to give a rats ass. Ill never do it agian. I will go pick it up and drive it 2k miles to save 5k or just pay the 5k for a local dealer.

I wish you the best on your purchase.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Vuduchild said:
Hope youve got the juice!!!! PUt it to em; these car peddlers are all FOS. I just got my Z from Bill Jacobs Chevrolet Joliet Il. Paid em full price 48700 with the 2002 rebate. Car had 48 miles. they finally delliverd it in Portland a week adn a half later. I drive it one day and figured out syncros are bad in 2nd gear. Now going in next week for tranny replacement.Not only that they sold my loan to Chase Manhattan Bank instead of GMAC. GMAC is what I asked for I didnt care but they didnt consult me.. Then they sold the car as a back haul to a shipping company who drove it on a car trailer all over the country before delivering it adn of course it was working fine when they released to the shipper. Just to say it doensnt matter how much you pay nobody is going to give a rats ass. Ill never do it agian. I will go pick it up and drive it 2k miles to save 5k or just pay the 5k for a local dealer.

VUDU...............

Next time do the NCM delivery......I'm picking my beast up on April 15th, and can hardly stand it.....

Be sure to post what they find on the Trans.....odd, these are pretty strong boxes!

Good luck!

:cheers:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Vuduchild said:

You can also order a car from any dealer and they can setup a courtsey delivery straight from the factory to a dealer in your area.

·
Registered
391 Posts
CANTEX, they should have told you up front. For that reason alone I wouldn't buy from them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts