Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the Z06 and wanted to get some feedback from those infinitely more experienced with this vehicle. At idle, does this vehicle always have some shake to it? What I mean, is as the vehicle idles and burbles, the entire vehicle has some lateral movement/shake to it. I have never had "american muscle" before, so this may be entirely normal, but I just wanted to make sure while I'm still in warranty that something isn't off..

Thanks in advance, and I apologize for my ignorance, just no frame of reference to work from and haven't made it to any get togethers yet to feel any other vehicles.

Ben

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
The car has a little bit of a lope to it at idle. Nothing steady, but every few seconds it might feel like it's stumbling a bit.

Get the car on to a flat stretch of highway. Set the cruise control at 60MPH in 6th gear (which is just a few hundred RPM over idle) and check the "instantaneous" fuel MPG on the DIC. It should read somewhere north of 28MPG. If it does, there's nothing wrong with the car.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

RocketSled said:
The car has a little bit of a lope to it at idle. Nothing steady, but every few seconds it might feel like it's stumbling a bit.

Get the car on to a flat stretch of highway. Set the cruise control at 60MPH in 6th gear (which is just a few hundred RPM over idle) and check the "instantaneous" fuel MPG on the DIC. It should read somewhere north of 28MPG. If it does, there's nothing wrong with the car.

Thanks for your reply.. I'm 99% sure the lope you described, sort of cycling through every few seconds is exactly what I'm experiencing because is it very consistent at idle while stationary.. I'll run your "diagnostic" and keep my fingers crossed, but the car runs fantastic, so I'm sure its fine.. I just have never had something this powerful other than the ol' Japanese twin turbo sixes which certainly have a different feel.

Thanks again.

Ben

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Ben, get yourself a big cam with a 112 lsa, and watch the bobblehead doll shimmy & shake! :zboobie: :guiness: If I wanted my Z to be calm...I'd have gotten a hybrid. :screwy: ;)

Bob :D

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
I love the tail wagging at a stop light. It means me and the car are happy. :jammin:
I just figured it was caused by a relatively aggressive cam and the weird LS6 firing order.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Wits-Z said:
I am new to the Z06 and wanted to get some feedback from those infinitely more experienced with this vehicle. At idle, does this vehicle always have some shake to it? What I mean, is as the vehicle idles and burbles, the entire vehicle has some lateral movement/shake to it. I have never had "american muscle" before, so this may be entirely normal, but I just wanted to make sure while I'm still in warranty that something isn't off.Ben
Yep! Totally Normal! Don't ya just love it? :cheers:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Absolutely..

reproman said:
Yep! Totally Normal! Don't ya just love it? :cheers:
definitely diggin' the feeling of power even at idle.. just another clear indicator that the car has a set!!

Thanks a lot guys for confirming that the lope is normal with stock cam..

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
on my to do list..

rpallas said:
Ben, get yourself a big cam with a 112 lsa, and watch the bobblehead doll shimmy & shake! :zboobie: :guiness: If I wanted my Z to be calm...I'd have gotten a hybrid. :screwy: ;)

Bob :D

h/c are definitely on my list.. Just waiting to become fully acquainted with car and its stock power before I dive in.. I'll probably wait until the warranty runs so I don't have any guilt or worry that mods will void the warranty and cause a tussle with GM / the dealer.. at least after it runs I know what I'm getting myself into..

·
Registered
259 Posts
It's like having a bull by the tail, you gotta love it
Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts