Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize this is a long shot, but anyone here have a Silver Z06 that was parked in a residential driveway in Windsor, Ontario today about 2pm?

I had an errand to run in Canada this afternoon and couldn't help but notice the Canadian Zed! The Ontario plate begins with AKXJ I believe. Yes, I turned around and left a "www.z06Vette.com" business card under the windshield wiper, with "Zippy" on it.

Anyone here belong to this car, or know who does? Thanks! :D

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I try to keep 2-3 z06vette.com biz cards in my wallet just for something like this.

Zip :z: :z:

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
Does it belong to the R.C.M.P.? Might be a bit troublesome across Alberta or Northern B.C. in the winter...... eh? :p :p ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Zippy: Thanks again for the card! No, I do not work for the R.C.M.P. but I have seen Elvis up North here. He waits for heavy snow and then takes out his Zed (snowplow attached to the nose). ;)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Way to go Zippy !

You guys should send me some Z06 Vette.com cards. I'll be happy to put them on the Z's that I see up here in my travels. Saw one parked in Banff, another parked one in Lynnwood, Seattle, Vancouver etc.....

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I Am Canadian:

How :cool: that you recognized the card, and that you are already a member here!

BTW, my wife is from Wallaceburg, Ontario and she still has relatives there and in Chatham, Ontario.

Bet you were surprised when you saw the "Z06vette.com" business card under your wiper!

If your ever in the Detroit area, let me know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Zippy: Yup, I was suprised to get the card, but even more suprised that I had some idea of who the sender was ("Zippy", the Mega-Poster!). It's been almost 10 years since I crossed the bridge to Detroit. I must admit, I'm still slightly paranoid of Detroit (although 17 years ago I did my graduate studies there for two years). I have, however been recently giving serious consideration to venturing out to Livonia or Wyandotte (I'm not sure where they are in respect to Grosse Point) as I hear that there are a couple of authorized Lionel Train stores there (as well as in Cadillac, Kalamazoo, Pinckney Saginaw etc.). I've recently gotten into collecting classic toy trains (When we were kids I got the great slot car set for Christmas, with the corvette and jag, and my brother got the Lionel train) and would basically have to drive for four hours to Toronto to get to an authorized dealership. I'm thinking sometime in the Spring. Will let you know weeks ahead, and maybe we can connect? Got to go...the Raptors game is about to start! :cheers:

·
Registered
0 Posts
IAmCanadian!

I will be in Detroit for a week in May. Maybe you and the Zipster and I can get together along with a few other area members and have a little fun!! :cool: :cheers:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Frank and Canadian:

Sounds like a great idea!

BTW, There is an authorized Lionel store/hobby shop only 3 miles from our house (Whistle Stop is the name), and Lionel had one of their main manufacturing/office buildings about 12 miles from here, but recently announced they were going to send it overseas. :(

If you ever want to visit any other authorized Lionel shops near Detroit just let me know! I also had a Lionel as a kid! :)

Zip :z: :z:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Zippy/BTW/Frank: Sounds like a plan! One of the items on my "most want to do" list is to cruise down Woodward Ave on a Saturday night in my Zed. What would undoubtebly make this an awesome :eek: experience would be to do this as a member of a "squadron" of Zeds! Just a suggestion.
BTW: I'd like that very much!

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IamCanadian:

Have you been to any of the Woodward Dream Cruises in August? Absolutely awesome...tens of thousands of classics, muscle cars, exotics, you name it, etc. Hundreds of thusands of spectators.

There are other car events in/around Detroit every summer. I will post the better ones on this forum for the sake of all the local Vet lovers.

·
Registered
631 Posts
OK, I'll admit - I still collect trains. They are the outdoor Garden Railway trains. Anyone else have this disease on this board.

These hobbies are the best ! Z06's, photography and model trains !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Zippy: No, I've never been to the Dream Cruise. I hear that the Friday nights before the cruise are pretty wild. I imagine that the police keep a close eye on everything (but they'd have to be everywhere!) Did you enter the Cruise last year?
Zapper: Good question...and I agree with your choices!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Hey guys, count me in for cruisin Woodward (if you'll have me).

I have business interests in Detroit and am up there every so often...always need an excuse.

Would like to meet some of you guys.

Zip, you are da man!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts