Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question for those that had a coupe or convertible and when to the Z06. I'm thinking about trading in my 2000 coupe for a Z06. I understand there is only one suspension - FE4. I have the F45 on my coupe. Can anyone tell me if the FE4 is like riding in a Z51 or a F45 set on Touring/Sport or Performance? I haven't gotten the chance to drive a Z06 yet.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had a Z51 coupe and then a F45 convertible. I now have a Z06. The Z51 is OK, even good, but the Z06 is much "tighter". You can feel the ripples in the road, which to me is great.

The F45? IMHO it sucks. It is mushy all the time on any setting. The springs are way too soft. I talked to Jim Menniker once about the F45, and he said it didn't start "firming up" the shocks until you reached about 70 mph. Not much help for the speeds I normally drive in traffic. I was always sorry I didn't order the Z51 on that C4. What a waste of money the F45 was.

If you like the Z51 you will absolutely **love** the Z06. If you want a soft riding sedan, buy a Caddy.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I have a 02' Z06 and an F45 2000 convertible in the garage, my F45 convertible has Hotchkis sway bars and is lowered, the F45 on my convertible works great, there is a big difference in the three settings, people that ride in car can not believe the difference in the settings, but understand that the Z06 is nothing like the F45 cars, you can not compare the two. The Z06 is a hard ride but not harsh, drive one before you buy one, but the Z06 is one great car. :)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
The suspension on the Z is incredible. It's very stiff, but not at all harsh. It rides much better than my C4, which has the 'soft' suspension, and cornering and handling are far superior.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.