Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wow!! I didnt know the Vararam would be this awesome, I mean, for 2.5+ years never got a chance with a Gen II viper and yesterday finally a chance. I didnt think I could win either, Im pretty sure the vararam helped or just a lucky day

I took out the car for more vararam trying out, and I saw a viper I couldnt believe it I had seen him before around but every time I wouldbe driving my beater. Anyways we pulled around about 60mph, I got into 3rd, I believe he was 2nd by the sound of his motor, anyways, we were eaven until the top of my 3rd and I guess from him shifting I pulled a half a car on him and we only had up to about mid of my 4th but I kept my half of car, so then a street light came up, I guess he was so exited he started reving his motor, but boy did it sound sweet. We took off pretty even but he hooked bettera and got about a car on me til I drop it into 2nd and got almost the car back then when I hit 3rd I took even and then a half a car again and we quit. :guiness:

I couldnt believe it, I mean it shows that my car is putting some power, If he was a bad driver and took off poorly then I would still doubt that I could take a viper, but after that Im convinced, :yeadog:

I was so amazing and fun, now I cant wait to catch more vipers on the street, maybe headers and a tune and the Gen III will be in trouble as well :D

:rofl: :rofl: APRIL FOOLS, who knows maybe one day I'll get a chance with one and tell a real story :rofl:

sorry for the ones that believed, I thought I would start some $hit, but it didnt work :drunken:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Congrats on your Snake Kill :cheers:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
Wow!! I didnt know the Vararam would be this awesome, I mean, for 2.5+ years never got a chance with a Gen II viper and yesterday finally a chance. I didnt think I could win either, Im pretty sure the vararam helped or just a lucky day

I took out the car for more vararam trying out, and I saw a viper I couldnt believe it I had seen him before around but every time I wouldbe driving my beater. Anyways we pulled around about 60mph, I got into 3rd, I believe he was 2nd by the sound of his motor, anyways, we were eaven until the top of my 3rd and I guess from him shifting I pulled a half a car on him and we only had up to about mid of my 4th but I kept my half of car, so then a street light came up, I guess he was so exited he started reving his motor, but boy did it sound sweet. We took off pretty even but he hooked bettera and got about a car on me til I drop it into 2nd and got almost the car back then when I hit 3rd I took even and then a half a car again and we quit. :guiness:

I couldnt believe it, I mean it shows that my car is putting some power, If he was a bad driver and took off poorly then I would still doubt that I could take a viper, but after that Im convinced, :yeadog:

I was so amazing and fun, now I cant wait to catch more vipers on the street, maybe headers and a tune and the Gen III will be in trouble as well :D
Congrats Couto - The Vararam is a nice intake. Don't forget that Vipers weigh at least 300 lbs more than a Z06 and many mildly modded Z06s are faster than stock Vipers becuase of the HP/weight ratio. Your car will pick up a few more ponies as the computer learns that its breathing a bit more cold air. Have fun.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Sweet tuning session... :cheers:

·
Registered
396 Posts
I envy you. :yeadog:

Jacksonville is like the opposite of Reno, smallest big city in America. The only snakes I ever get to play with are made by Ford.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Congrats :cheers:

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I would usually call BS, but not anymore...

I raced my buddies Gen II Viper and we are pretty much even all the way until the end of third..sometimes with myself having a few inches on him by the end of third, but then he starts to pull when I shift into 4th. So, figuring you are probably putting 20+ more rwhp than me or more, I totally believe it now. I have 340 rwhp in my 01 Z, what are your dyno numbers with and/or without the Vararam??

Good kill man...You gotta love these machines. All it takes is a few bolt ons and we are ahead of the V10 monster snakes.. :jammin:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Thats almost the same scenario and outcome I had with a Gen II Viper. I was stock except for a Blackwing and we stayed even thru 2nd, in 3rd I started to pull away and by the bottom of 4th I had a full car on him. I let out about midway thru 4th, he wasn't catching me.

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
jster171 said:
I guess no one saw the "April Fools" comment at the end of his post?
No one saw it because it wasn't there. After the responses were posted, the original post was edited indicating that it was an April fools joke. :D

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jster171 said:
I guess no one saw the "April Fools" comment at the end of his post?

It wasnt there til the post right before yours, I apologize for the fact that I didnt edited til after april fools, april fools is acceptable but after April Fools I would be considered a liar, but Im not, I just couldnt reach a computer in time :(

I tried to get some good Smack talking, but the smack talkers didnt get the post in time or were not interested! Or everyone was being really nice :cheers:

but I will catch a Gen II viper one day and post the true story, I'll be at Capitol raceway for the Viper/vette ect shootout on the 24th, theres a 2002 RT/10 that challenged me already :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Mine was true, no April fools here :thumb:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yours sounds right on :sneaky:

alot of readers didnt see my exageration, when the viper pull out of the whole on me, how in the world would I catch up that quick and still win, and how would I pull on a good driver in a viper on top end? Thats where I wanted to make it interesting to get some Pi$$ed folks, but alot overlooked the small details :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Shoot I believed you!!!!!!!!!! Maybe thats because I am the best driver on this site!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!! LAte april fools guys, just playing. I know I suck. Dr.Bigg :rofl:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dr.Bigg said:
Shoot I believed you!!!!!!!!!! Maybe thats because I am the best driver on this site!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!! LAte april fools guys, just playing. I know I suck. Dr.Bigg :rofl:

What did you run mid 13s @ 107, thats not bad alot , your car was extremely sick, you were missing up to 10mph on your traps, 10mph in traps is in a whole class of cars, wait til you get the new car to the track, 12s will be without braking a sweat :cool:

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
You may get your chance to take on a Viper one day and it may come down to 'the best driver'. The Viper is a really great sportscar but it is harder to handle than the Z is. Takes a good driver to get the most out of it.

(btw, I'm 4 and 1 against the Viper. Only loss was my very first time at the track with my Z 3 years ago) :sneaky:

Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts